Thursday 29 June 2023

Sending Sunshine

Happy Thursday! 

How did we even get to Thursday? This week has totally flown by, quite literally. Along with being super productive in the studio with LOTS more designs coming soon 😉 We also welcomed some feathered friends to our garden this week.





I can't remember how long The Beans have wanted pet chickens, it's probably nearing 2+ years. This week their wish came true and a friend of grandad gifted them four, two each. We welcomed Bonk, Zonk, Cluck & Daphne on Tuesday evening.






Of course Jelly is curious and wants to play with his new sisters 😂  and at lunchtime today a new chicken run arrived, so they can have a little bit more supervision, Under the watchful eye of our back garden camera! 




Four happy chickens and no doubt two happy Beans when they get home from school! 

Anyway, enough of chicken fun, how about some creative fun and a cheerful card...






I've been wanting to play with the Stencil - MOD Background Builder and specifically the smaller elements around the edge of the stencil. Here I used the trio of lager leaves to create this fun colourful card.

I stencilled the trio and as you can see, I used a little bit of masking to add in a 4th petal to some of the MOD 'flowers'. I then fussy cut them out and arranged on my card base.




The sentiment is from Everyday Spring Sentiments and I finished off with some Nuvo Ebony Black Crystal Drops. 

Now for some news...

I have found a venue to run an all day (10am-4pm) Uniko crafty retreat. 

Location is Worsall, Yarm.

Date availability is Sunday 8th October 2023

Approx Price - £45 (includes a crafty pack to make between 5-6 cards, instructions & free product) 

I’d like to get a rough ideas on numbers before I confirm booking, so if you are interested in joining the fun, please either leave a comment here on the blog or drop me an email bev@uniko.co.uk 😃 

That's all for today, I'll be back tomorrow with more to share.

Crafty Hugs 




4 comments:

  1. Lovely young chicken, I have had some too, and I'm pretty sure that your lawn grass will disappear very soon :)
    I just LOVE your cheerful card, fabulous design and colours!! The little black drops finish it so well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love those chicks - may you, and the Beans, get many hours of pleasure from them, and lots of eggs!
    Loving that card - the colours are so vibrant, and I love how you have used the stencil.
    I would LOVE to come to the retreat, but it's a tad far, unfortunately
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card Bev. Nice and colourful.

    I loved keeping chickens - they are such characters and make you smile ALL the time. The Beans will be delighted. X

    ReplyDelete
  4. We have chickens too Bev! They lay beautiful eggs. We were worried when we got a dog but they have integrated just fine. They sometimes run at each other but I’d say the chickens have the upper hand surprisingly. Beautiful card and I love how you have used the smaller elements of the stencil. X

    ReplyDelete

Lovely Comments Appreciated