Friday 23 June 2023

Floral Friday



Hello & Happy Friday.

I'm back today with two floral cards. I've been wanting to recreate a card I made HERE back in 2018 using the Kindness Blooms clear stamps, but with some different florals. 

First I need to restock my stash with vellum and then I just needed to get round to making the new versions. Which I set to doing today when I finally cleared off my desk! 

I couldn't decided between the geranium flowers in Beautiful and the modern floral of Beautiful Blooms II. So I ended up making two cards.

First up is the card using Beautiful Blooms II. 




For both cards I used the same technique of stamping the flowers in VersaFine clear ink and heat embossing with WOW Opaque White embossing powder. I then fussy cut the flowers out along the top and bottom of my panel, so the middle is still joined by vellum.




Once cut I then coloured the flowers on the reverse using alcohol markers. I chose to colour on the reverse for a couple of reasons. One so the alcohol marker doesn't stain the embossed white lines and secondly, it gives a softer muted feel to the colours. 

I finished the card off with the Happy Birthday from Floral Vines, adhered using foam tape and some Pebble enamel dots.

Here is the same card using Beautiful.




The only difference with this card is I switched out the blue for purple and added a sentiment from Simply Said Blocks III. Also I used Sunflower enamel dots.




I'd love to know which is your favourite card. Beautiful Blooms II or Beautiful?

Such a fun technique and I am already thinking of stamps I could use to give this a masculine twist! Hope you are having a lovely day.

Crafty Hugs







 


3 comments:

  1. Absolutely love the technique you used with the vellum and the design. Both the cards look fabulous, but my favourite is the first one with Beautiful Blooms II.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two amazing cards Bev - I think I prefer beautiful blooms II, they don't look quite so sparse on the card
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look great. I must break out the velum more often. X

    ReplyDelete

Lovely Comments Appreciated