Thursday 22 August 2013

Everyone's Favourite Die!

Hey!

I guess I am a little presumptuous with the title of my blog post today, however they have been the most popular product bought from all of the August release products! Since this product was peeked, introduced and revealed there have been SO many AMAZING projects made using them that I had to join in & highlight one other feature using them, which I've used on todays card...




When I was in the processes of getting these dies manufactured I knew that I wanted the dies to be as functional as possible and work along side the Today, Tomorrow & Always Time clear stamp set. So I made sure that the largest detailed die co-ordinated with the stamp. It really is quite easy to line up the stamp with the die cut which I will show you now.

The stamp and die are not symmetrical. There are a couple of ways to line up your stamp & die cut but if you look closely at the die cut, there is this smaller petal shape that I've pointed to with an arrow...




I then located the same smaller petal shape on the stamp (looking down through my clear block as if to stamp with it). 




I then temporarily adhered my die cut to my stamping surface, inked my stamp with versamark, hovered my stamp over the die cut making sure I had it centred and stamped. I then heat embossed the die cut with Cosmic Shimmer EP and used a pair of tweezers to hold my die cut so as not to burn my fingers!




I have to say the first couple of die cuts I stamped didn't come out perfectly centred but as I did a few more I got the hang of it (practice makes perfect so they say!). That's all from me today, I'll be back tomorrow with more to share, until then THANK YOU for stopping by :)

Supplies
Card Stock: PTI Kraft
Ink: Versamark

3 comments:

  1. Love turquoise with Kraft and embossing white .....very nice, must try this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How clever are you! Love these little gems of how to do things you put on your blog. Also would like to say thanks for all the love you've been leaving on my blog. Thought it was time I returned the compliment, so can I just say I've never used stamps as much as I do yours and I think you're genius!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Turquoise + kraft + white = swoon! Gorgeous eye-catching combination, and those new dies are delightful! Lovely card! Adding to my wish list!!
    c

    ReplyDelete

Lovely Comments Appreciated