Friday 23 August 2013

Runway Inspired

Hey!

Happy Friday :) It's good that the weekend is here as I do love spending time with my hunny & I do miss him during the week between 9 and 5. Only 7 days now till we leave for the US and I can safely say that I'm almost set to go and getting rather over excited - Ha!

Anyway, back to todays card...




It's been a while since I joined in with the Runway Inspired Challenge & I often seek inspiration from fashion and interiors when I'm designing. So when I saw the current challenge HERE and seen below, I had to play along and made the card seen above.




I've definitely had a 'thing' for the flower cluster stamp from Flower Power #1 this week! I was draw to the colours and overlapping floral design which helped with the choosing of the stamp and also the white strip down the middle of the dress with the elongated black triangle. Instead of it going straight I decided to put it on an angle on my card for a bit of interest and also to stamp the sentiment.




I masked the star off whilst inking my sentiment and removing the mask prior to stamping as I wanted to replace it with a fussy cut out flower. I used the elongated arrow from Accent Essentials: Arrows to direct the focus to the sentiment and replicate the elongated arrow seen on the dress. 

Overall I'm really quite happy with how this card turned out. It has a lot less white space than my usual creations but it's still quite CAS. It's good to step out of the comfy zone now and then, don't you think?

That's all from me today, but I will be back tomorrow with more to share & it is also Super FREE Saturday tomorrow so be sure to stop by to see what little FREEBIE I have in store for you this month! Don't forget there is still plenty of time to join in on the Uniko Studio Challenge #2, I'd love to see you play along with us :)



Supplies
Card Stock: SU! Night Of Navy, White from stash
Ink: SU! Night Of Navy, Pacific Point & Pumpkin Pie. PTI Summer Sunrise
Stamps: Uniko Studio Flower Power #1, Accent Essentials: Arrows & All Occasion Sentiments #2
Accessories: Low Tack Masking Tape, Rhinestone

12 comments:

  1. Hi Beverly: First, thank you for commenting on my whimisical B & W flowers card! A note from you, who I admire immensely (such talent and creativity!) has me ecstatic! Second, the sentiment on your card here says it all: AWESOME! Stunning, gorgeous colours, in a layout that captures the essence of the runway inspiration PERFECTLY. Inspiring+++ Thanks for sharing!
    c

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant card, love your take on the challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have interpreted this challenge so fabulously, Bev!! I love your masking and meticulous shades of colors! Totally gorgeous! So glad that you join the fun with us at Runway Inspired Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is absolutely gorgeous! You really have caught the feel of the dress in your card. It is, as you say, awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty Card, Bev :)

    Love the precision in your stamping!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This card is awesome! I love the cascading flowers. Thanks so much for joining us on the Runway!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats!! This was a surefire Stunner!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous take ont he challenge. Congrats on your shout out!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very pretty card. Congrats on your shout out!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats on being fashionista - truly awesome card!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations! Such a pretty card.

    ReplyDelete

Lovely Comments Appreciated