Wednesday 14 August 2013

Seize the Moment...

Hey!

Oh my! What a busy couple of days I've had :) what with a FABulous release day & then wedding preparations such as picking up tickets, choosing a box to pack & carry my dress in, meeting up with friends who want to wish me luck :) I could go on but I'd bore you - Ha! So, I've had  to seize the moments in between all this to make today's card...




With not creating for a day or so I needed a little mojo boost, so I decided to use a NEW sketch challenge called Seize the Sketch seen HERE and below for the layout of my card.




I also decided to take the thinking out of deciding on what colours to use by using the current ColourQ challenge colours seen HERE and below.




No my usual go to colour scheme, but it works well for a floral card. My SU! Basic Grey ink pad was playing up so I used PTI Smokey Shadow which is a little darker than the Basic Grey but still fits in with the colour scheme. 




I decided to pair Beautiful Blooms 1 with the newly released Background Builders: Flower Power and I think the combo works well together. I'm looking forward to a little more inky time tomorrow whilst I wait in for a parcel! 

I'll will be back tomorrow however with a card or two to share & also the winner of the August Release Blog Hop. You've got a few more hours to hop along HERE & comment to be in the chance of winning the ENTIRE release plus the Time clear stamp set!

Thanks for stopping by today & for everyone who has ordered over the past few days, it makes me VERY happy to know that you love the stamps and dies I design as much as I do! :)

Supplies
Card Stock: White from stash, SU! Basic Grey
Ink: SU! Ruby Red, So Saffron & Daffodil Delight. PTI Smokey Shadow
Accessories: Foam Adhesive

15 comments:

  1. My favourite flower again! and what an unusual colour scheme - but it works so well. Hope all goes well with your wedding - a very exciting time for you.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card again Bev and the colours work great with the image and design. Congrats and best wishes for your special day and enjoy every moment as the day goes incredibly fast.
    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am liking your colour choice very much :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super stunner! Great way to incorp. the flowers for stripes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. such a beautiful card and i love all the fussy cutting :) Thanks for joining us on Seize the Sketch

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so pretty and I really like the colour combo!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh wow! This is amazing! I really do like that flower!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beverley this is absolutely gorgeous! I just want to recreate the whole card--love. Thank you so much for joining us this week at the colourQ!

    ReplyDelete
  9. GORGEOUS card Beverly - LOVE the layers - you used the colour scheme to perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card Beverly,the background builder set is so useful isn't it?Lovely colour selection,and a perfect take on the sketch.
    Hope you have a very special day,treasure every moment,Nessa xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a beautifully designed card, Beverley, I love all your stamping! thanks for sharing your card with us at the colourQ.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Just gorgeous! A terrific sketch and wonderful elements combine to make a fabulous card! Thanks so much for playing with the CQC colors this week!

    ReplyDelete
  13. **gasp** What a gorgeous layered bloom! Thanks for playing with us at Seize the Sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is GORGEOUS! Congratulations on your Q recognition~

    ReplyDelete

Lovely Comments Appreciated