Wednesday 21 August 2013

Feeling Retro

Hey!

Happy Wednesday. I can't believe we're half way through the week already, time is going way too fast & I've still much to organise in the studio before we go away. 

Luckily, I have Abbie in the studio today to help me out & you will also be glad to know that even though I will be away for 3 weeks, yep THREE weeks the Uniko Studio shop will still be open & orders will still be mailed out, as Abbie has kindly taken up the job of looking after things whilst I'm away. 

Ok, back to todays card...




I decided to go a little retro for this card, firstly by using the current Retro Sketch seen HERE and below for the layout of my card and also with the colour combo of Kraft, Red & White. Pairing that with the graphic flower from time, I thought it gave off a retro vibe?




What do you think? It was another of those cards that came together just how I had envisioned it in my mind. I saw the sketch, knew the supplies I wanted to use & set about creating! 

I started out with a Kraft mat layer trimmed to size & piece of red CS trimmed to size to die cut my large graphic flower slightly off at the lower right as seen in the sketch. I then temporarily adhered my red die cut piece to the kraft layer so that I could stamp & emboss the graphic flower in the right position.




I then stamped the sentiment also from Time, wrapped some bakers twine round the layer and adhered it to my card base using foam adhesive. Before I adhered the red die cut piece to the card I used a white gel pen to add some faux stitching & also adhered it to the card using foam adhesive. A red button added the final detailing to the flower. 

That's all from me today, I'll be back tomorrow with more to share, until then THANK YOU for stopping by today :)




Supplies
Card Stock: PTI Kraft & Pure Poppy
Ink: Versafine Onyx Black. Versamark
Accessories: Uniko Studio Designer Dies Graphic Flowers, PTI Button & Bakers Twine, Cosmic Shimmer True White EP, Foam Adhesive. White Gel Pen

4 comments:

Lovely Comments Appreciated