Monday 20 January 2014

Grunge, Grids & Hearts CAS Style!

Hey & Happy Monday!

I do hope your week has got off to a good start? If not I hope todays card might lift your spirits and bring you a bit of cheer...




Today I am going grunge with grids, hearts & loopy linen thread bows CAS style! It all started with a new SU! stamp I bought called Off the Grid and the current CAS(E) this Sketch! layout seen below.




Having a sketch and stamps decided I needed some colours to park my creation a little more, so I decided to use the current CAS - Colours & Sketches colours seen HERE and below.




I knew I wanted to mask and stamp the grid down the length of the card, which I did and then I went ahead & wrapped some fine linen thread (given to me by a lovely friend from TPL Thanks Brenda!) round the length of the card and securing where I would place the stamped & cut out heart. 




I then thought it looked a little flat so decided to add some loops of the linen thread to peep out from behind the heart. This gave the card more interest and added to the CAS grunge type feel I was looking for.

That's all from me today, if you missed the announcement of the January Blog Hop yesterday, it is HERE and also we have a sketch challenge this month HERE, I'd love you to join in! Until tomorrow, thank you for stopping by today :)

Supplies
Card Stock: White from stash
Ink: SU! Perfect Plum & Rose Red
Stamps: Uniko Studio Always & Forever. SU! Off the Grid
Accessories: Fine Linen Thread & Foam Adhesive

11 comments:

  1. Love what you did with the thread!! This is beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, loving the effect created with the thread looped at the back of the heart! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. stunning card Bev .. love your heart stamp!! beautiful ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Grid, loops, a flower-within-a-heart...what a combination to spark inspiration and start a Monday with a smile! Wow!!
    c

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fab card, Bev! Love the combination of the grungy grid panel, the romantic heart flower and the thread.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really like this card might have to copy, thanks for the inspiration keep up the good work xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. The loopy thread is such a fun, carefree touch! The floral heart provides a very pretty contrast against the grunge background. Very cool card! Thanks for sharing it with us at CAS - Colours and Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome card! Love the thread treatment! Great use of the colors & sketch together! Thanks for playing along with us at CAS Colours & Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is beautiful Beverly! I love the heart and the twine teamed with the grid!
    Thanks for joining us at CAS - Colours and Sketches this week!
    Lizy xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, this is so pretty! I love your twine treatment!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this modern CAS card, the cut out heart is beautiful! Really like how you have used Off The Grid in a vertical way, must try this myself! Great use of the colours from the challenge. Thanks for playing along with CC&S

    Louise xx

    ReplyDelete

Lovely Comments Appreciated