Thursday 23 January 2014

Throwback Thursday

Hey!

So, I thought it would be nice to add a little new feature here on the blog called Throwback Thursday. Each thursday I will aim to take a look back at one project I made in 2013 and create a new and improved version of the card.

Last week I was unwell and didn't get to create a TT card to share with you but you can see the first TT instalment HERE.

The card I have picked for todays recreation is THIS one...




And this is my new version of the card...




As you can see I've kept it basically the same except instead of stamping the butterflies flat onto the white layer I decided to die cut the butterflies and only adhered them down the centre to give more dimension. 




I also added the small flower detail to the die cuts using the flower trio stamp in the BRIGHT Butterflies set, I simply masked off the two larger flowers in the trio before inking. I also heat embossed the little flower and add a small rhinestone. I also decided to keep the card base white instead of the coloured base in the original card, I think it makes the butterflies 'POP' more and the layer is also mounted on foam adhesive for dimension.

Why not take a look back at some of your older creations and see how they spark you to create a new version. That's all from me today, I will be back tomorrow with more to share. Until then, thank you for stopping by :)

Supplies
Card Stock: White from stash, PTI Hawaiian Shores, Raspberry Fizz & Summer Sunrise
Ink: VersaMark, VersaFine Onyx Black
Stamps: Uniko Studio BRIGHT Butterflies
Accessories: Uniko Studio Designer Dies BRIGHT Butterflies, Rhinestones, Foam Adhesive

7 comments:

  1. They are both lovely cards Bev, but I love your new version

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both versions are gorgeous, Bev, because the butterflies themselves are so amazing! The opportunity to stamp them flat, or die cut them is wonderful, as are the variety of pretty touches that can be added to the wings. LOVE x LOVE my butterfly set -you've sparked inspiration!
    c

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love how you recreated your card. The dimension you added is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the new and improved cleaner version Bev!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely cards really like the colours x

    ReplyDelete
  6. The new version really adds some bold colours and dimensions. Love the added sparkle too xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both are great cards, but loving my die cuts more than my stamps, I do like the newer version better!

    ReplyDelete

Lovely Comments Appreciated