Saturday 4 January 2014

Winter Blues

Hey & Happy Weekend!

Like with many occasions the hype of such events always seems to lead to a downer and feeling blue. This time of year it's the Winter Blues and to get me out of my post festive downer and instead of resorting to chocolate & not wanting to break my healthy living intentions I decided to try and get creative and made this card for my Nephews upcoming birthday next week...




Good old Background Builders: Round In Circles came to the rescue again for this 'boy' card! This time I paired it with the solid balloon from Label Love: Birthday and a mix of sentiments which are listed below in the supplies.




The new "Less is More" challenge HERE helped with the colour choices for this card. The challenge is titled Winter Blues and to use shades of blue. I used 3 shades of blue on my card all from SU! The rows of open polka dots were stamped first in Bashful Blue then the birthday and balloon in Pacific Point and finally the happy and grunge circles in Marina Mist. The balloon string was hand drawn using the SU! markers and a ruler. A good dose of glitter to the balloon finished the card off. 




That's all from me today, I am going to try and make another card before it's time to get the tea on. I hope you're all having a lovely weekend. Until tomorrow, thank you for stopping by :)

Supplies
Card Stock: White from stash. SU! Pacific Point
Ink: SU! Bashful Blue, Pacific Point & Marina Mist
Accessories: Hero Arts Prisma Glitter

24 comments:

  1. This is fabulous. I love how well all the stamps work together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card and wonderful inspiration Beverley. X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very clever use of the blues and the stamps Bev, but for me I would just have to turn it round- and maybe turn the 'I' in Birthday into the balloon!! but that's just me -lol It's a fab design and so right for a boy of any age.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Smashing - love the glittered balloon too

    Happy 2014

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hola Beverly, Happy and Creative New Year!.
    Great card, so clever, i like the composition and the design, well done.
    Hugs from Palma

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this Bev, I always struggle with male cards. Hope you had a fab christmas and new year! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. A most handsome, striking card for your nephew, Beverley! He'll be impressed and delighted! Such a perfect take for the inspiration photo! WOW!
    c

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nicely constructed...love the composition.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very nice card like the blues x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome card hun and love the blues you have used...

    Hope you having a great weekend!!
    hugs and xxx
    Gemma

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fab card Bev!
    Happy New Year!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful card! Love the blue shades and the glitter balloon :)
    Sylvia xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Winter Blues?
    Not with this beautiful card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is gorgeous Bev! I love the clean lines teamed with the glittery balloon and the circles.
    Happy new year!
    Lizy xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Brilliant card Bev. Happy New Year
    Margaret x

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is a brilliant card - I love your style.
    Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful card Bev! Love all the combination :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love your layered stamping, what a great design!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Stunning card, I love your style! Happy New Year!
    Rebecca.

    ReplyDelete
  20. wow bev this is simply stunning.. love the array of stamps

    Thanks for joining us this week
    Jen xx
    Less Is More

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love your card; great way to build it with those stamps! Have a good week, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oooooh, I love this card!! Love how you layered the stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh this is s versatile card, Bev. Different colours for different occasions. Love the background builders.
    hugs, Asha - Sunny Summer Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  24. This is a perfect boy/guy card, Bev ... I love the yummy glitter! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete

Lovely Comments Appreciated