Thursday 9 January 2014

Throwback Thursday!

Hey!

So, I thought it would be nice to add a little new feature here on the blog called Throwback Thursday. Each thursday I will aim to take a look back at one project I made in 2013 and create a new and improved version of the card. 

Today, I am kicking things off with THIS card...




So I took inspiration and created this new version...




What do you think? I took elements from the first card but put them in reverse. Instead of the pattern being inside the heart shape I took it outside and used the raised, embossed heart to define the main focal image. I kept the pink but subtle and instead of the two other colours I decided to pair it with red and added bakers twine instead of ribbon. I like both versions but I'm loving this new creation more!




I also stepped outside of my comfort zone again and did a little of distressing with the emboss resist technique. I worked from the inside out for this card knowing that the raised heart would hide any mistakes or sharp edges. I added a few pink rhinestones for the finishing touch and decided to leave the card sentiment free as not to clutter the card more or take focus away from the main image.

Why not take a look back at some of your older creations and see how they spark you to create a new version. That's all from me today, I will be back tomorrow with more to share. Until then, thank you for stopping by :)

Supplies
Card Stock: White from stash. SU! Real Red
Ink: VersaMagic Red Magic & Pink Petunia. VersaMark
Stamps: Uniko Studio Background Builders: Round In Circles & Always & Forever
Accessories: Cosmic Shimmer True White EP. Stampendous! Crystal EP. PTI Pure Poppy Bakers Twine & Kaiser Rhinestones

11 comments:

  1. Loving that emboss resist background. Stunning card!
    hugs, Asha - Sunny Summer Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the distrressed background, gives the card great depth.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it!! - it speaks volumes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both cards are fabulous but your new one really packs a punch. Love the colors and the emboss resist.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the colour combo and great use of those circles (love them!) and the emboss resist technique in your second card! The result is FAB!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my, your first one is lovely, but the second...swoon! Your heart with the embedded flower is striking, and placed on the embossed background...wow! Awesome! Throwback Thursday is such a fabulous idea!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think both cards are fabulous, but your heart card is stunning! Great idea too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous! Love the revamped version.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome cards Beverly!!! Very pretty with the embossed resist :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great idea and love both cards. X

    ReplyDelete

Lovely Comments Appreciated