Tuesday 3 January 2017

CAS Colours & Sketches #204

Happy New Year! 

I do hope 2017 has got off to a wonderful start for you all :) Mine has started nice and busy at Uniko HQ, which is wonderful - Thank you!

Anyway, you might be wondering why I am posting a CAS Colours & Sketches post on a Tuesday - well CC&S have had a little reshuffle, along with having our NEW Design Team join us, we will now be posting challenges on Tuesday. We hope everyone will still join us!

Karen is our hostess for the January challenges and as usual we're starting with a color challenge HERE and seen below. When Karen was putting this scheme together, she wanted something soft, cool, and happy that also reminded her of winter.


We've used Stampin' Up colour names for reference; however, you may use any companies' products for your cards as long as you match our colours as closely as possible. You may also use neutral colours (white, cream, kraft, brown, grey, or black) for card layers, sentiments, and image outlines. However, in order to be considered for our weekly winners, you must not use any other colours.

This is what I came up with using the colours...




I opted for a floral card and dusted off Beautiful Blooms I clear stamp set. I only have Sweet Sugarplum CS, so decided to use that as my base card. I used VersaMagic inks for the Pink and Sky colours, substituting them for Pixie Dust and Sea Breeze. 




A simple bit of masking and stamping along with a heat embossed sentiment from Simply Said Birthday on my quick CAS creation!

Be sure to check out all the Design Team inspiration HERE on the CAS Colours & Sketches blog and I hope to see you in the gallery :) Challenge End Time: 6:00 p.m. Eastern U.S. time/11:00 p.m. London U.K. time Monday, January 9, 2017

Hugs


8 comments:

  1. Beautiful card. I love the softness of the colors used :)
    Cheers
    preety

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card, Bev! I love the split in the card front with the sentiment embossed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Those beautiful blooms look so pretty in the soft colours balanced out by the darker Strip of card. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This palette suits the lovely blooms perfectly! Gorgeous!
    Hugs~c

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the way you split your card and stamped your sentiment in the darker color!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So delicate and lovely Bev! Loving the split front with the band of colour x

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a pretty use of the challenge colors! I really like your split panel design, too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so pretty I love the softness of colours you have used on the flowers! I'm looking forward to working with you on the CC&S Design team this year!

    ReplyDelete

Lovely Comments Appreciated