Tuesday 31 January 2017

CAS Colours & Sketches #208

Hey!

It's Tuesday, which means it is time for another CAS Colours & Sketches challenge. Karen is our hostess for the January challenges and as it's a 5 week month we have our new Timeless Tuesday Challenge, AKA the Double!

This time for the double challenges we are revisiting an old sketch and allowing the use of retired colours. THIS is what Karen has challenged us with this week...




Don't forget to create a CAS 'Clean & Simple' card for the challenge to be considered as a winner for the challenge!

This is what I came up with...




This double stumped me at first, the colours are totally out of my comfort zone, even though Sage Shadow was a fave of mine back in the day. The sketch stumped me too, it's an easy CAS sketch, but I was over thinking things. 

When I looked at my selection of Uniko clear stamp sets, Marvellous Mehndi jumped out at me. I designed this set to a Escape Souk design trend, and the colours reminded me of some of the trend inspiration photos. So that's how this card came about!




The images and large flower from Fun Flowers are stamped in Chocolate Chip ink, dark enough to highlight the challenge colours, but not to 'out standing'. By selectively colouring sections of the paisley images and flower detail and having an LOTS of white, the design is kept CAS.

Ok, that's all I have to share with you, but be sure to check out all the Design Team inspiration HERE on the CAS Colours & Sketches blog and I hope to see you in the gallery :) Challenge End Time: 6:00 p.m. Eastern U.S. time/11:00 p.m. London U.K. time Monday, January 23, 2017

Hugs
Supplies:
Uniko Clear Stamps Fun Flowers & Marvellous Mehndi
Ink: Stampin' Up! Chocolate Chip
Card Stock: Stampin' Up! Whisper White
Accessoires: Stampin' Up! Markers Cajun Craze, Peach Parfait and Mint Macaron. Whisper White Ribbon. 

8 comments:

  1. Oh love these colours combined with the Uniko stamps. Sooo pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty card, Bev! Fab use of the colours and sketch, very creative.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice colors !!!!
    Beautiful card !!!!!
    Ineke X

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooooooh - this is so yummy, Beverly! I love the way you colored the images and your fun take on the sketch! One would never guess you struggled! I'll take a dozen!! Hugs, Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card, Bev! I love the paisleys and the little added bling!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think your card is awesome! It may have stumped you at first, but you rocked it! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very hard to go out from one's comfort zone but you did it so amazingly Bev ! Those colours are not mine either but you succeeded to use them with parsimony among all this white space so that the whole design is just stunning ! Thanks for sharing and for inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a great stamp set for the colors - you've done a great job. I also found this a challenging color combo!

    ReplyDelete

Lovely Comments Appreciated