Sunday 22 January 2017

DT Inspiration - Hidden Message

Hello! It's Deborah here with you this morning continuing our DT Inspiration series. I've been wanting to try out the "hidden message" technique for sometime, so decided to try it out here. I've used the wonderful Beautiful Blooms 1 set which was featured in the Revisit blog post - and I was late for that one too! Here's my finished card:

You're Sweet - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Here's a step-by-step on how to create a hidden message on your card.


I used my MISTI to rough out the layout.


I used a mask to protect the large flower and stamped the leaves and smaller flower around it.


I used a T-square ruler to make sure that I line up the die cut correctly and tape it in place. Then run it though your die-cutter. I also made four more plain white die cuts - making sure to keep all the little bits.


I use my MISTI to make sure that the smaller sentiment is straight and do a test printing.


I always decorate the inside of my cards too - so I cut a panel of coloured card for the mat layer and on the white panel repeat the smaller flower and add a greeting.


Here's a close-up photo showing the depth of the die-cut word.

I was inspired by the colours from this week's CAS Colours & Sketches - so warm and pretty. Thanks for stopping by, do let me know if you found this help.  Hugs


5 comments:

  1. Fabulous Deborah! The hidden message looks amazing with the Beautiful Blooms and I love your really useful picture tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE this technique Deborah, one I need to have a go at. I don't think I have ever tried it. Thanks so much for the inspiration and wonderful showcase of Beautiful Blooms I. Hugs Bev x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just so clever. Such a great card and floral images are just beautiful. Hugs Jo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this Idea Deborah
    what a lovely card with this colors..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Deborah, this is absolutely beautiful! I am really inspired by this, and will probably end up casing this somewhere soon! I love the colors and the beautiful design! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete

Lovely Comments Appreciated