Thursday 26 January 2017

Design Team Inspiration - Moody Grey

Hi there, it's Sarah P here with a little Design Team Inspiration post for you.

I'm hoping you spotted our revisit posts earlier this month when Bev asked us to dust down and breath new life into the fabulous Beautiful Blooms I stamps and dies. While they were out on my desk, I couldn't resist a little longer play with them.

For me creating my own backgrounds with stamps is always so much fun; not only can the images be in the foreground but using subtle background stamping pulls everything together for a coordinated and elegant look. I also fancied having a go with grey tones which seem very popular, especially as I've just decorated my daughter's room in these colours too.

Here's my card using a bold sentiment from All Occasion Sentiments #2, delicate sentiment from Simply Said I, mini sprig of foliage from I LOVE Coffee along with the beautiful blooms set.


I placed the 3 leaf stamps from Beautiful Blooms I onto an acrylic block and randomly stamped them to create a tone on tone effect on some grey cardstock. The ink used is Hero Arts Shadow ink in Charcoal. The sentiments and bloom were stamped in the same ink and mounted onto a wonky stitch die-cut panel with 3d foam and to finish a few gems from my stash 

I hope you like how I've worked these sets and it's given you some inspiration.

As always, thanks for stopping by

Sarah P 




6 comments:

  1. Beautiful card. Those flowers are very pretty. Really like the color combination used, very elegant.
    cheers
    preety

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is stunning!! I would never have thought to just use gray and white like this!! Looks so elegant together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like this alot, grey is one of my favorite colors to craft with.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow! This is so elegant and so beautiful. Great work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wowsers, such exquisite design and so classy. Great eye for detail too. Hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG Sarah, this is so beautiful ! I'm not a grey person but here it makes the card so elegant ! Absolutely gorgeous ! thanks for sharing and for inspiring !

    ReplyDelete

Lovely Comments Appreciated