Sunday 8 January 2017

Make a Wish...

Hey & Happy Sunday!

I do hope you are all having a lovely weekend and have found some time to craft. I had a little bit of unexpected 'bean free' time yesterday afternoon, so I took advantage and after a little power nap (it has to be done) I set to making a card just for fun.

I came across THIS card on Pinterest by Maile Belles. I love the layout of the card, the stamped roses from behind the angled panel. It reminded me of the rose image from Flower Power #6




I saw the new challenge over at "Less is More" HERE too, which this week is a colour week and they have chosen ombre. I was looking through my supplies and decided I would give my Copic markers a dust off to create my ombre background.




I chose a trio of pinks, RV10, RV13 and RV14. I used the chisel edge of the pen and worked from light to dark and then back to the lightest. It was a reasonably quick process. The roses are stamped in VersaMark ink and heat embossed with detail white EP. The mini rose and leaves are from Background Builders: Vines and the sentiment from Pure Florals: Cosmos. The complete supplies can be found at the end of the post.

Did you see the return of a past feature HERE on the blog yesterday? Design Team Inspiration is back and Rahmat started things off again for us. Other members of the Design Team will be popping in through the month with various projects to inspire you too. I hope you are pleased to see the return of this feature! I have plans to reintroduce others from way back yonder too ;)

Ok, that is all from me today. I hope to find some crafty time tonight to unwind as I am on my own with the beans today as daddy is doing some extra work to pay for Christmas! Lol! 

Thanks for stopping by.
Hugs
Supplies:
Ink: VersaMark
Card: Stampin' Up! Whisper White
Accessories: Copic Markers RV10, RV13 and RV14. MISTI. Detail White Embossing Powder. Foam Adhesive.

10 comments:

  1. so pretty and elegant, well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great to see you play along with us at Less is More this week Bev and what a brilliant take on ombre with your copics. They're so effective and hadn't thought of using markers. Love that you can still see the lines between the different colour tones. Gorgeous stamping and design as always and thanks for playing along. Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is soooooo pretty and girly and elegant can you tell I love it !

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty. Have a nice day, Ankie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning card. I love the effect you get with the Copic markers.
    Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  6. So beautiful Beverley ;) Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay! Lovely to see you at Less is More Bev - thanks for joining is. And what a stunner of a card too! This is so beautifully feminine. Impeccable heat embossing of the roses and how great to see marker pens used for the ombré effect. Love it xx

    ReplyDelete

Lovely Comments Appreciated