Sunday 29 January 2017

Design Team Inspiration - CASE Yourself

Hello, it's Jane here with an idea that I hope will inspire you to get out your crafting goodies and get creating.

Have you ever thought to CASE one of your own cards? Well I decided to go way back into my Uniko stash and look for a card that I could use to change up a bit.

This is the card I found:


I made this card in February 2014 and as you can see it has a CAS masculine theme. I wanted to keep the CAS - that's my preferred style - and the layout, but turn it into a more feminine version. Here's what I came up with:


I changed the colours - an easy way to immediately make it look more feminine - and substituted the angular Background Builders Squared with the softer Background Builders Vines. I kept with the sentiment from All Occasion Sentiments #2, but replaced the buttons with a flower head, raised on foam pads, from Flower Power #5 and the stem from Flower Power #1.


Then I got to thinking how about a matching tag? Uniko stamps are so versatile and mix and match with each other so easily that this idea was a doddle to produce. I used the same stamps for the left hand strip and created the sentiment using Simply Said which includes a smaller version using the same fonts as the main card, ('birthday' is a partial stamping).


The flower head is a smaller version of the one from Flower Power #5 and is included in Background Builders Vines - love how Bev does this large and small version with some of her stamps. The stem and leaves are from Nature's Treasures I.

Supplies:
Stamps: Uniko, Background Builders Vines, All Occasion Sentiments #2, Flower Power #1 & #5, Simply Said Birthday, Nature's Treasures I 
Inks: SU, melon mambo, wisteria wonder; Memento, pear tart 

Well that's me done for today, hope I've given you food for thought and that you're enjoying the return of this DT inspiration feature to the Uniko blog.

Thanks for looking and enjoy your day!

 post signature

5 comments:

  1. Funny you should say that... I did exactly that yesterday and made a very similar card to one I made last year! Surely the sign of true artists?!! Think Van Gogh and his Wheat fields, Monet and his lilies...
    Beautiful stamping on a great CAS card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your card and tag, a great take on your original but yes so feminine and pretty, clean and fresh. Super!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two gorgeous cards Jane ! I love both versions ! I really love the border stamp sets that Bev created. Very beautiful Case of your own card ! Thanks for sharing and for inspiring.
    Izzy Scrap

    ReplyDelete
  4. Funny, but I did case a card of my own and that was already a casecard of one of mine...you can see it tomorrow on my blog.

    ReplyDelete

Lovely Comments Appreciated