Friday 12 October 2012

Modern Christmas

Hey!

Today is a good day & I've been looking forward to it since my old friends from work told me about it and invited  me. This afternoon I am off to Edinburgh for 2 nights for a Hen party which will include lots of laughs, catching up with old friends and making new friends, a spa afternoon, fancy dress & probably copious amounts of alcohol! 

Not to worry though I have a Modern Christmas project to share with you today & scheduled posts for tomorrow, Sunday & Monday - yep, it might take me that long to recover! It's been a while since I was on the loose with these girls! 

So, today's project is a Modern Christmas collection of cards...




For this little trio of cards I have used a modern non traditional Christmas colour scheme consisting of Aqua Mist, Hawaiian Shores & Raspberry Fizz. I've also kept it modern with those Doily Snowflakes, yep it's those sparkly doily snowflakes again! 

My card layout uses the current Retro Sketch seen HERE and below...




This was quite a layered sketch but I'm really happy how CAS I have managed to keep my card trio. I opted to use a silver shimmer CS for the 4 strips behind the main image panel which helps keep it CAS. If I had used patterned strips as I originally intended to it would have made the cards to busy & not CAS enough for a CAS girl like me! 

Here is a shot of one of the cards on their own...




And a close up of the sparkly doily snowflake...




I really am quite addicted to sparkly silver doily snowflakes! This little card trio is also suitable for the current 'Less Is More' Challenge HERE to use silver.

Well, that's all from me today, I hope your not too sick of seeing more doily snowflakes! I'll be back tomorrow with more to share. Have a FAB weekend.
Hugs

Supplies

Card Stock: WPlus9 White, PTI Aqua Mist, Hawaiian Shores & Raspberry Fizz
Ink: Colour Box Silver Pigment, VersaFine Onyx Black
Stamps: Uniko Studio Decorative Doilies - The Hands Of Time, PTI 2009 Holiday Tag Collection
Accessories: Martha Stewart Snowflake Punch, Rhinestones, Star Dust EP, Embroidery Floss, Foam Adhesive & Corner Chomper

1 comment:

  1. These are GORGEOUS! Love you clean and simple (with a pop) style:)

    ReplyDelete

Lovely Comments Appreciated