Sunday 5 January 2014

You Are...

Hey!

Many of my friends know that I am easily addicted to things and can get quite obsessed with them! Pinterest is ONE of my many addictions and I fit it into my daily morning routine, I check my emails, check the news, see what the latest is on Facebook, check the weather and then I go to Pinterest to be inspired. 

I have pinned lots and lots of things on Pinterest which inspire me, things I like the design or pattern of, the colour combo of and cards that I love and inspire me. Now and then, when I'm stuck for inspiration I will check out the Cards I Love to help me create something and very occasionally I will look at my other boards for inspiration.

I decided yesterday whilst pondering on what to create that I should use my Pinterest pins more, basically putting the time I spend looking at lovely things into action! My aim is to create at least now project a week inspired by something I have pinned that week and share it with you all on a Sunday.

So, lets see what pin I was inspired to create from this week...




The reason I pinned this image, was because of the bold turquoise lettering against the kraft card. It stood out to me and I knew it would be fun to recreate this look with die cut letters. So I looked at my supplies and Uniko Studio stamps and this is what I created...




On this first card I used the 'Awesome' sentiment from All Occasion Sentiments #2 which I stamped in black along the bottom edge of a 10 cm square of Crumb Cake CS. I then die cut the 'You Are'  from Hawaiian Shores CS scraps using the Memory Box Typewriter Upper Alphabet Set. After gluing those in place I swiped my SU! Baked Brown Sugar ink pad around the edges and when dry adhered the panel to a SU! Garden Green 12 cm square card base. As it was such a quick creation I decided to make another one...




This time I used the 'Fabulous' sentiment from All Occasion Sentiments #3 and mounted the panel onto a Raspberry Fizz 12 cm square card base.




You can follow me on Pinterest by going HERE or you can follow the link on the right hand sidebar. I hope I've inspired you today, even if you are not on Pinterest you can find inspiration like this from all sorts of places, like the supermarket or magazines to name a couple.




That's all from me today, enjoy your day & until tomorrow, thank you for stopping by :)


Supplies
Card Stock: SU! Crumb Cake & Garden Green. Papertrey Ink Raspberry Fizz & Hawaiian Shores
Ink: VersaFine Onyx Black & SU! Baked Brown Sugar
Stamps: Uniko Studio All Occasion Sentiments #2 & #3
Accessories: Memory Box Typewriter Upper Alphabet Set

8 comments:

  1. Great cards Beverley and I've just discovered pinning and boards over Christmas too so pretty addicted! My daily routine now too. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. FABulous cards hunni, love em both!! Must admit i am liking the that bold turquoise lettering against that kraft card too ;)

    As for Pinterest its my daily routine too...lots of inspiration on there!!
    hugs and xxx
    Gemma

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous cards, Bev! Love the mix of fonts/lettering/colours!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous cards, Beverley: bold, striking, beautiful! A weekly pinterest-inspired card from you: looking forward to what you'll create!
    c

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy New Year,Bev!! :)
    Your cards are awesome!! I love how you used the insperation from printerest!! Looks awesome with the bright letters!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Um, yes, inspiring with a capital I, Bev!! How cool and how fun!! Your design instincts were right on with this Pinterest image! Although, truly, you also have me totally inspired by the advertising message of "healthy chocolate!" I'm showing this to Mister. I've been telling him for ages that I must eat chocolate for my health!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really gorgeous bright bold happy cards .... I love them
    Happy new year Bev
    Hugs Susie xx

    ReplyDelete

Lovely Comments Appreciated