Thursday 27 September 2018

Four designs from one piece of stamped card

Happy Thursday ......

Good morning ... it's Linda here.  I hope you're having a great week.

I've got a technique for you today which is my take on a Jennifer McGuire video which she called the Edge Stamping Trick. 
The difference is, I did my stamping onto one piece of cardstock and then cut it into separate pieces to make four cards.  Jennifer created two cards stamping two pieces of card together.

Here's what I mean ......


The finished cards are 6 x 4 inches, great size for note cards, or little Thank Yous.
This technique is great for using those larger stamps but as you can see, you can also get great results using your smaller stamps too.

I started out by cutting a piece of white card stock to 6 x 8.5 inches and I drew pencil lines down the middle, both top to bottom and side to side, to find the centre
I then stamped my image across where my pencil lines meet, and over all four corners.  This pretty floral is from the So Much stamp set


I quite like having my designs on the diagonal, on opposite corners, but if you wanted to you could also stamp your image across the pencil lines on the edges and create more of a frame.

I then cut the card into four pieces ..... and coloured in the flowers using ZIG markers
I now have the start of four cards ..... all the same, but each one different if you know what I mean


Next, I stamped and embossed my sentiments/greetings in the centre of each piece.
There's lots of fabulous words and greetings in the Uniko range. 
I've used stamps from All Occasions Sentiments #6 (one of my favourites)


teamed with Simply Said Blocks


The next one is from Spring Botanicals Daffodil ...... love this saying


The Thank You is from the So Much set .......


And the last one comes from Happy Succulents  ...... I love how all the stamps just go together so well


I added a few ink splatters here and there .......


and a few dots of glitter glue to add some sparkle.


I created a bit more interest to the backgrounds by adding a little bit of stenciling using the Broken Lines stencil across the bottom half of each card


It's nice to use your stencils as little accents on your cards, you don't always have to use the whole of the design.

Thanks for popping by ..... enjoy the rest of your day.

Cheerio until next time ......

5 comments:

  1. Sweet cards and a great idea. Will have to check out Jennifer's video too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your beautiful, creative idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic design and a great way to make four cards at once. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea. Would be good for batch making Christmas cards.

    ReplyDelete

Lovely Comments Appreciated