Sunday 24 March 2019

Stencil Ghosting

Hello!

It is Sarah G on the Uniko blog today sharing a few cards that I have made with the ghosting technique.  It is very simple but a lovely way to add subtle layers to your design.


I blended Salty Ocean, Blueprint Sketch and Wilted Violet distress oxides on to a piece of cardstock before placing Uniko's lattice stencil over the top and removing some of the colour with a wet wipe.  This creates a faded look.  I added some water splatters to create a mottled look.  I then went back in with Chipped Sapphire to add slightly darker elements.

I then stamped the dandelions from Make a Wish in black ink and white embossed the sentiment.  Finally I added some white splatters to the design.

On my second card I used Mowed Lawn, Forest Moss and Peeled Paint Distress Oxides with the In to the Forest stencil using the same technique.


This technique works well with lots of stencil designs and is a good way of creating layers whilst keeping the design flat.

Thanks for stopping by,

Sarah x

1 comment:

  1. Brilliant use of the ghosting technique, love how it brings a little something extra to the stencils you've used.

    ReplyDelete

Lovely Comments Appreciated