Wednesday 4 September 2019

DT Inspiration - Using a Gelly Plate

Hi! It's Jane here today with a little DT inspiration using Uniko stamps and a gelly plate.

Here's the stamp sets I used:

BeautifulBloomsIIIpp

BIGBOLDHello    BirthdaySentimentsPP

Here's my process:

1. I gathered my supplies

2. I added ink straight from the pads to the gelly plate and spritzed it with water.


3. I used the ink from the gelly plate and the detail stamp from the set to created a random pattern. I also took a print from the gelly plate to create a background on a separate piece of card. (forgot to take a pic, sorry)


4.  I used the outline stamp round the flower details.


5. I used the outline stamp on the background gelly plate print. This was done quite randomly as this  is a negative print and the outline does not fit exactly.


6. I stamped some extra details onto the background print using the smaller stamps from the set.


7. I created three cards using these printed sheets.

My first card uses a panel die cut from the the background print and a camouflaged greeting within this panel. I matted it onto lilac card and added a stamped sentiment.


My second card uses the left over background print with a stamped sentiment inside the negative die cut panel space.


My third card uses the stamped pattern, split into two parts with a die, matted onto lilac card with a ribbon strip and a stamped sentiment.


Here's a last look at the three cards and stamp sets I used:


There are more details about the other supplies I used on my blog - HERE.

Thanks for looking today and keep crafting!

post signature



5 comments:

  1. What a beautiful effect! Gorgeous cards using the gelli plate, Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful card and great technique.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun and clever way to use the gel plate. I really should break in mine...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely gorgeous, Jane ! I don't know about gelly plate but it makes definitely gorgeous results. Beautiful designs as usual ! x

    ReplyDelete

Lovely Comments Appreciated