Friday 10 December 2021

Brand Ambassador Inspiration, One Stamp Set, Two Techniques

 Good morning, Julie here with a couple of festive makes. I've used the gorgeous Season of Beauty stamp set and two different techniques to get two completely different looks.


The first is simply a stamped all over design using the large solid and smaller detail poinsettia stamps and the smallest leaf stamp to create a crisp result.


After stamping the poinsettias, including the detail layer, I added some green bracts using Altenew's Moss ink with the smallest of the leaf stamps. I went in again to stamp the paler colour with the wrong side of the stamp and Altenew's Olive ink. The tiny flowers in the centers were stamped with Altenew's Maple Yellow.

My sentiment panel was cut from vellum and stamped with the large, bold, Christmas from Christmas Sentiments and the smaller banners with elements from Christmas Wishes, in matching red ink. I used the back of these banners and the solid sections of embossing to add my vellum with liquid glue.

My second card uses the exact same stamped elements, except the detail layer for the poinsettia, but using the water colour marker on stamps, to give a softer feel.


The technique is quite easy, especially if you have a MISTI. On a panel of hot pressed watercolour card, I inked up the main image and then stamped the first image. I then painted over the stamped image with clean water, reinked the stamp with a darker marker and stamped again. The water makes the ink blend with the lower layer but in a random way. It's not a technique for you if you like to be in full control of the outcome!! The process was repeated over the panel and then with the green bracts, using the same stamps as the card above but adding the solid stamp first and water to blend the colour before adding the detail.

 When dry, the flower centers were added with yellow ink and some yellow ochre shadows added with the tip of a Zig Marker. I then used a dark, red, fine liner to add veins to the the red bracts freehand.

This time I used the same sentiment stamps but was a little braver with the smaller ones, adding them with gold EP. Some gold, twinkling thread was added behind the vellum panel which I glued down using the sentiment to hide the glue.

It just goes to show that you can get such a different look just by changing the technique used. I hope you agree, this stamp set is so versatile!

That's all from me until the New Year, so I hope you all have a lovely Christmas and we can look forward to a happy and healthy 2022.

4 comments:

  1. Thank you for the fabulous inspiration and the two very different techniques. Both cards look amazing Julie x.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness these are gorgeous Julie and I can’t decide which I like best. I love them both for different reasons! X

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how you've shown that the same set can be used in different ways Julie. You've made me fall in love with these beautiful poinsettias all over again! Vicky x

    ReplyDelete

Lovely Comments Appreciated