Tuesday 17 January 2023

Brand Ambassador Inspiration - Background Builders: Hearts

Morning All, 

Steph here today. How is 2023 treating you so far? I feel like it's going too fast already and with that in mind I've turned my thoughts to Valentine's Day cards using Uniko Background Builders: Hearts stamp set. These background builders sets are always so versatile as you can create backgrounds (as per the stamp set name!) or just use individual elements to create beautiful cards. I have shown both in today's post.

For my first card I was very much thinking of Valentine's Day and went with the reds and pinks. The heart I have used here is my favourite from the set as I love the 'sketchy' effect and it is also present in other Uniko sets so mix and match away! (Sunshine & Rainbows & Mid Century Modern Florals). The sentiment (XOXO) is from the Uniko Always & Forever stamp set. 

I stamped and heat embossed the hearts and sentiments onto scraps of red, pink and cream card before die cutting into squares. I then added in further squares and rectangles of card to create a patchwork effect. This is a great way to use up card scraps, of which I have far too many!


My next card uses one of the strips from the stamp set to create a heart covered background. I used my stamping platform and placed the stamp to the right hand side (when shut) so I could leave the stamp in place and simply shift the cardstock to the left each time I wanted to stamp a new column. I then used one of the other heart stamps from the set to create the teal and olive  hearts before fussy cutting and laying on top. I added a lovely large sentiment from the Uniko BIG & BOLD - Hugs stamp set and a simple small heart from the Uniko Flower Power #3 stamp set to fill the gap in the bottom right hand corner. 


Finally I wanted to use the most popular product from the recent Uniko Jan mini releaseBackground Blocks Linear. I can see why this stamp was so popular as it was so brilliantly showcased during the product introductions but also because it is so versatile. I simply stamped the BB Linear in dark grey, at an angle, and to this I added the outline heart from the Background Builders: Hearts set. Once again I have fussy cut the hearts, both inside and out (I'm a bit of a fussy cutting fan!), before placing them on foam pads and adhering to the card front. The sentiment is from another one of the Jan mini release sets called Mid Century Modern Frames

Thanks for joining me today and hopefully I've given you some inspiration for your Valentine's makes, or not, as you can see that two out of the three are not actually for Valentine's Day!

Much love

Steph x

3 comments:

  1. Great fussy cutting here Steph! Fab inspiration too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. A trio of wonderful cards Steph... loving the interlocked hearts!! The 'patchworked' hearts card is really eye-catching. Fabulous work
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete

Lovely Comments Appreciated