Friday 7 July 2023

Brand Ambassador Inspiration - Background Blocks Arts Decoratifs

Good morning and happy Friday!

Anita here, back with some colourful inspiration for you today.  I'm not going to lie, this card took quite a while to create but I'm so pleased with the result so I'm glad I persevered with it.

The main image here is Background Blocks Arts Decoratifs and the sentiment is from the Bauhaus Blocks stamp set.


I began by stamping the main image in a grey dye ink so it wasn't too dark and then left the stamp in my Misti to return to later.  Next came the intricate part...I used lots of little post-it notes to mask off each section and then ink blended within each section with various combinations of Distress Inks.  Initially I was going to fill every section but in the end chose to leave some white.  Once dry I re-stamped the image using VersaMark ink and heat embossed with Platinum embossing powder.  The sentiment was heat embossed using the same powder. 


I love how this has a stained glass window look so I think I'll revisit this technique again using different colours.

Thanks for popping by.  Wishing you all a lovely weekend, we're almost there!


 

3 comments:

  1. A painstaking and stunning card with clever techniques! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow that must have taken so much patience! Looks beautiful. X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it!! So elegant and colourful!

    ReplyDelete

Lovely Comments Appreciated