Wednesday 29 November 2023

Brand Ambassador Inspiration - Rustic Christmas

Good morning!

Anita here, so sorry it's been so long!  I'm sharing two cards today and I decided to dig out an "oldie but goodie" stamp set for these, Rustic Christmas.  I just love the perfect little tree in this set so have kept these cards clean and simple so it takes centre stage.

First up, I've tried to create a northern lights sky as my backdrop...


I used some low tack tape to mask off a vertical panel and then randomly ink blended the areas of light using Distress Inks in Twisted Citron, Mowed Lawn and a touch of Picked Raspberry.  I then filled in the rest of the panel with both Black Soot and Chipped Sapphire, blending over some of the lighter colours.  I then stamped the tree in Versafine Clair Nocturne ink for a crisp dark image.  Once dry I used an anti-static powder tool at the top of the inked panel and stamped and heat embossed the sentiment, also from the same set, in white.  I finished by adding some falling snow using a white Sakura Gelly Roll pen.



My second project is another one layer card, again, super simple...


To enable the solid baubles to appear as if on the tree and in the foreground, I stamped them first in pigment ink and heat embossed in clear, this then created a barrier when stamping the tree over the top.  I used Versa Color inks here.  As you can see below, the pink ink didn't hold as much of the embossing powder so let some of the green ink through but I like the effect it gives of the baubles being amongst the needles.  To clean up the green ink I just used a slightly damp cotton bud to wipe away the ink from the baubles.  I simply stamped the sentiment below and added a gold, sparkly enamel star.




I hope this gives you some inspiration and encourages you to have a rummage through your stash to see what older stamp sets you have that could be inked up.  Thanks for taking the time to visit and I wish you a lovely Wednesday.

 

4 comments:

  1. Love the tree design! Pretty cards!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two fabulous creations and love your northern lights sky !! Thanks for sharing the way you made the second card, the baubles look so well amongst the tree branches!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anita this is a fabulous pair of cards using the beautiful elegant tree - awesome work.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh your Northern Lights background is amazing! And looks great against the tree silhouette. X

    ReplyDelete

Lovely Comments Appreciated