Thursday 24 October 2024

Rustic Merry Christmas

Hello & Happy Thursday.

With the return of Rustic Christmas this week, after it flew off the shelves from its last restock. I thought I had better ink it up and get this idea onto a card before it sold out again! 





I used a little bit of masking for this card to 'trim' off the trunk of the tree at the bottom. It's quite a sizeable focal point tree and I wanted to make sure I had some space in the lower section of my card for the sentiment. Looking at the card now, it looks like the trees are buried in a few feet of snow! 

For this card I dusted off an old technique too. I used a water based marker from Stampin' Up! in Espresso to colour direct onto my stamp down the trunk of the tree and lightly across the middle of the branches. I then 'huffed' to moisten the ink before stamping. I repeated this a couple of times to get a good impression, so using my MISTI was a good idea.





I then alternated between inking the remainder of the stamp with Peacock and Artichoke to stamp the branches of the tree to complete the look. I wasn't too concerned about the colour getting on the branches and trunk as I knew the dark brown would be dominant. 

As you can see I altered the height of the trees for added interest. I finished off with a white heat embossed sentiment from the stamp set. I used Espresso card for the Merry Christmas and Artichoke for the From Our Home To Yours part. Adhering them with foam tape and embellishing with a few Peacock enamel dots.

I loved how this turned out, but it's definitely not one to mass produce! 

Did you see the newsletter and restocks that arrived in store yesterday? I highly recommend signing up HERE for it. 

So much loveliness has returned, I just need a little more creative time to play with them all as you know how restocks inspire me!














Stencil - Layering Bauhaus Blocks Stencil Recall
 
If you purchased Stencil - Layering Bauhaus Blocks at Crafterama Lincoln on Sunday 6th October 2024, please email me at bev@uniko.co.uk  I have recently changed manufacturer for this product and have subsequently discovered a small defect in the first batch I received which were sold at this fair.  I pride myself on providing the best quality products, so this issue is a top priority for me.  As soon as you confirm your purchase I will rectify the issue immediately and send you a replacement.   
 
Anyone who bought a stencil via the website has already been contacted and replacements sent so this recall applies only to in-person sales at that show.   Rest assured that products sold at more recent shows, and stock in our online store are the rectified versions.  Please accept my apologies for the inconvenience if you received a stencil from the faulty batch.

That's all the news from me today.

Crafty Hugs








No comments:

Post a Comment

Lovely Comments Appreciated