Wednesday 29 February 2012

Leap with some Extra Time!

Happy Leap Day!

I thought it fitting with this extra day this year that I should use some of it to make a card! It's even more fitting using the Extra Time set!

Now, this card isn't my usual CAS kinda style I usually make, but I thought I'd do something a little out of my comfort zone and add a few more layers! There seems to be a lot going on but it quite simple really! And, I only used the Extra Time stamp set for this card stamp wise that is!



I started by using the 'Every MOMENT Counts' sentiment stamp and simply stamped it across a piece of kraft CS using Chocolate Chip ink. I then used some chalk inks to add a lil bit of a distressed edge to finish it off. This was adhered to a Chocolate Chip base card.

I knew I wanted the Clocking In & Out card to be a removable embellishment & one that could have a handwritten note on, so I stamped it onto white CS using Crumb Cake ink and cut it out leaving a small border around the card. 

It happens to fit perfectly into the library card holder die cut from PTI, so I die cut this from Kraft CS which I adhered to a mat of Pacific Point CS. I thought the blue was a striking colour against the muted browns & I love blue! 

I chose my favourite clock face from the set and stamped it in the Pacific Point ink and used a 1 3/4" circle punch to cut it out. I then used foam pads and adhered it to a scallop die cut. I felt the 'Just BECAUSE' fit nicely with the other 2 I have used and it is nice to send people a 'Just BECAUSE' card which I don't do nearly enough. Shame on me! 

I hope that you have enjoyed today's card and take note and 'Make Every MOMENT Count'! 

Thanks for stopping by today!
Hugs!





2 comments:

  1. Love this - the gorgeous shade of blue matches the kraft perfectly. Feel a spend coming on!!

    Liz x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Liz! Spending is good for the soul!

      Delete

Lovely Comments Appreciated