Tuesday 10 September 2013

One for the Guys!

Hey!

Here I am with another scheduled post & a card to share with you all. I was looking at all the projects I've shared over the past few months here on the blog and there has been a serious lack of masculine cards, they are one of the hardest cards to sit down and make unless for a specific reason or person. 

However, Uniko Studio have a few sets that lend themselves quite nicely to creating a card for the men in your life, as I have hopefully demonstrated with todays card...




I used a few clear stamp sets for this card, the main one being Accent Essentials: Arrows. I sectioned off a diagonal portion of my white mat layer and then stamped the rows of arrows in Lucky Limeade,  Smokey Slate & Hawaiian Shores. After rounding the corners I adhered it to a Pure Poppy card base.

The red & white sentiment embellishment was created by masking off the central portion of the label from Label Love: Thank you prior to inking with versamark, then removing the mask prior to stamping onto the red card stock. I then heat embossed it with Cosmic Shimmer True White embossing powder. Once it had cooled down I set about fussy cutting the label out leaving a small red border. 




The stamped sentiment is also embossed onto another piece of card stock and punched out using a 1 1/4" circle punch & mounted to the label using foam adhesive. Then I have used foam adhesive to adhere the embellishment to the card.

By masking the centre portion of the label I have created a more masculine label from a label that is originally quite feminine, therefore stretching my supplies a little further.

That's all from me today, the team & I are back tomorrow with Septembers Design Team Blog Hop where we will be revisiting not one but THREE stamp sets! Be sure to stop on by for a inspiration filled hop!

Thanks for stopping by today :)

Supplies
Card Stock: PTI Pure Poppy. White from Stash.
Ink: PTI Hawaiian Shores. SU! Lucky Limeade & Smokey Slate. Versamark
Stamps: Uniko Studio Accent Essentials: Arrows, Label Love: Thank you & Label Love: Birthday
Accessories: Cosmic Shimmer True White Embossing Powder. Foam Adhesive. SU! 1 1/4" Circle Punch

2 comments:

  1. Very clever! Lovely card as always and quite unisex I think. Your fussy cutting looks perfect!xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh,yes-this is great for the men! (I have yet to ink up the lovely arrows set that I won from you,but you have inspired me now!)
    Nessa xxx

    ReplyDelete

Lovely Comments Appreciated