Tuesday 8 October 2013

A Wonderful Washi Christmas!

Hey!

I just LOVE it when you come across a challenge that is just perfect for a particular stamp set and that is just the case with the current Retro Sketches sketch seen HERE and below...




As soon as I saw the sketch I knew that Wonderful Washi Christmas had to be inked up & used! Apologies to those who are not yet in Christmas mode, I seemed to have got a lot of Christmas spirit at the moment & seem to have missed out Autumn! However, I have a few Autumnal projects I'd like to create which I will share soon. 




Anyway, back to the card in question! I decided to make my own Washi tape using tissue paper & wide double sided tape. I also decided to make my homemade tape sparkly, so I stamped & heat embossed it before adding the double sided tape to the reverse. It does wrinkle the tissue paper slightly, but I think that adds to the effect of creating your own Washi tape.




Well this week seems to have got of to a much better start than last week, which isn't hard, but hopefully it's a sign that I am getting back into a routine of normality! 

That's all from me today, I'm dusting off the sketchbook today to design some loveliness! I'll be back tomorrow though with more to share :) until then thank you for stopping by today.

Supplies
Card Stock: White from stash & Silver Stardust from eBay
Ink: Silver Pigment Ink & Versafine Onyx Black
Stamps: Uniko Studio Wonderful Washi Christmas & Label Love: Christmas
Accessories: Stampendous Stardust EP, Tissue Paper from Paperchase & 1" Wide DST

5 comments:

  1. Gorgeous Beverley. I use vellum for my homemade washi tape instead of tissue paper as it is too delicate for me to work with

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow....love your tissue Washi....must try that....and the sparkle is great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Like your washi tape with sparkle - I made my own once but have never thought to add sparkle. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the sparkles on here, what a great card! Nice work :)

    ReplyDelete

Lovely Comments Appreciated