Monday 2 December 2013

Countdown to Christmas Day 2

Hey!

Happy Monday & welcome back to day 2 of my Countdown to Christmas. If the days keep flying by like they have this past weekend I don't think I will ever be ready! I was at The Paperlane yesterday for a little demo as it was Santa Sunday in Northallerton. I made a couple of cards and they all featured glitter, such a quick & easy way to add sparkle to a CAS creation. 

I've just whipped up a couple more cards using mainly double sided tape to adhere the glitter...




Double sided tape is available in so many different widths it is easy to create lots of different variations. I've used a 12 mm wide DST on both these cards today, which is double the width of DST I normally use. This made adding the strips easier and it was quick to fill a panel of CS. Using a fine glitter like the Hero Arts Prisma Glitter goes a long way, making these two cards hardly made a dent in my pot of glitter.





For my second card I did some super CAS stamping using the little tree from Label Love: Christmas to create a larger tree & of course adding lots of glitter...




I started out by stamping the 3 trees along the bottom starting with the right hand side and stamping towards the left and then built my tree up from there. I added some simple red rhinestones to tie in the sentiment stamped in red and added some glitter to the trees. Before I adhered the panel to the card base I used the same technique as the first card using my wide DST and glitter.




Both my cards took me under 20 minutes to make and with a simple assembly line style a batch of each could be whipped up in no time at all. Plus, if you get bored like me making all the  cards the same, switch them up by changing the colours of the CS or even the glitter. Another positive thing about both these cards is that they use minimal supplies which equals minimal cost. 


Both these cards are perfect for the Sparkle "less is more" challenge HERE too, so I will be linking these beauties up a bit later. Be sure to checkout the challenge & also ALL the inspiration in the gallery.

Ok, that's all from me today I have some lovely customer orders to pack & post - thank you :) and some 'to do lists' to write! 

Today is the last day to grab yourself a bargain from the website too and there is less than 12 hrs to go until it ends, be sure to visit HERE.

I will be back tomorrow with more to share, until then THANK YOU for stopping by today :)


Supplies
Card Stock: PTI Spring Rain & Ripe Avocado, White from stash
Ink: VersaMagic Red Magic & Tea Leaves
Stamps: Uniko Studio Label Love: Christmas
Accessories: Uniko Studio Designer Dies Snowflakes, Hero Arts Prisma Glitter, Double Sided Tape, Rhinestones & Foam Adhesive.

21 comments:

  1. Brilliant idea to make a tree of trees. You are amazingly creative!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are both fab, I just love all that sparkle!
    Thanks again.
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love both of these cards. The stacking trees to make a bigger tree is just so creative! Love!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic idea Beverley - you have so many wonderful tricks up your sleeve and I'm going to have to try that glittered ds tape approach as it's so neat and effective. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous! Trees, snowflakes, sparkle...swoon! Fabulous cards; amazing inspiration! Your talent amazes and delights!!
    c

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful cards and some great tips - I love the way you've used double sided tape for glitter stripes.
    Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both of them are so pretty,Bev!! I just LOVE the glitter!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fab cards, Bev! Love the DST glitter trick, will have to try that.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love sparkle , Bev ... and these are so gorgeously sparkly ... just fabulous! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sorry i haven't been around for a bit but thank you thou for your sweet messages you left for me...means a lot!!

    As for your cards that i haven't commented on recently are all absolutely stunning and loving each and every one of them :)
    hugs and xxx
    Gemma

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous sparkly card designs Bev - love the DSST technique - so effective! Wish I lived a little bit nearer to Northallerton so I could come to your classes!
    Sylvia x

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are soooo sparkly ..... love them both! Great use of the DST too. xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. BEAUTIFUL glittery cards, I love these, especially the on with the trees! Very clever and fun!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh these are fabulous, love them both.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love how you say you just " Whipped up " two cards am so jealous and what cards ! two beauties Beverley I especially love the first with that gorgeous snowflake and the wonderful glitter.

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love these glittery cards - very festive! The glitter strips and stack of Christmas trees are so creative!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fab Cards .. Love all the sparkle!

    Thanks for joining us this week
    Jen xx
    "Less Is More"

    ReplyDelete
  18. More gorgeous cards Bev, your xmas series has been such an inspiration

    ReplyDelete
  19. Two beauties! I love the strips of sparkle, great effect and so simple. Loving your tree of trees, what a brilliant idea! x

    ReplyDelete

Lovely Comments Appreciated