Friday 20 December 2013

Countdown to Christmas Day 20

Hey & Happy Friday!

Are you all set for Christmas Day? I'm not quite done yet, I've still a few bits and pieces to do, I don't seem to be in a huge rush to get everything done as we don't go over the top at Christmas on presents or buying in food like the apocalypse is coming! 

Tonight I have my last Christmas party to attend which is a sit down meal at a carvery and like I said earlier in the week I do love a dinner and a Christmas dinner is on the top of my list! Anyway, like most people I assume, I am accessorising with red. I am wearing a blue dress with red shoes and a red cardigan. My dress and cardigan are both plain and so I got thinking as to how to dress it up a bit without going OTT and so I decided to make a little felt poinsettia brooch to pin to my cardigan...




I used the Designer Dies Graphic Flowers from Time to create my brooch using just the two largest dies. I die cut 2 loopy flowers from Pure Poppy felt and then sniped the loops off and then die cut the large solid flower from Pine Feather felt. 




A simple bit of hand stitching and a few white seed beads to the flower centre and it was done. I think it took me about an hour max to make this little brooch and they would make a lovely little last minute gift too or stocking stuffer.

That's all from me today, I am off to start getting ready to go out, even though I've 7 hours till the meal! I'll be back tomorrow with more to share, until then, thank you for stopping by today :)

Supplies
Accessories: Uniko Studio Designer Dies Graphic Flowers from Time, PTI Pure Poppy & Pine Feather Felt. White Seed Beads, Brooch Fixing & Embroidery Floss.

5 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous and it will be a lovely addition to your outfit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your outfit sounds ever so pretty; the brooch will be a beautiful special touch. Fabulous idea; fabulous inspiration!
    c

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful brooch! You will look FAB for your party tonight. I wish you had posted this idea a month ago--I'd have bought the supplies then and there. Oh well, always next year...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely idea! Enjoy your meal.

    ReplyDelete

Lovely Comments Appreciated