Monday 1 September 2014

A Stamp Set A Day - Sweet Baby

Hey & SUPER HAPPY MONDAY!

Today is the day I am scheduled to be induced and 'hopefully' get to meet my two little bundles of joy! I am probably already at the hospital by the time you are reading this and I promise to update you all here on the blog ASAP :) The news and photos will probably hit Facebook first so you can always get a first glimpse there (link in the side bar).

Anyway, not knowing how long I'm going to be in hospital or to settle into a routine once we get home, I thought I would do a daily feature here on the blog, in-between routine design team & challenge posts etc. 

The feature being 'A Stamp Set A Day'. I'm amazed at how many stamp sets I have designed and launched since Uniko Studio began back in February 2012 and sometimes sets can get neglected and unloved when new ones come out. So the basis of the feature is to give each set some new love! I have tried to keep the set the focus of the card/s but as you will see I have paired them with other Uniko Studio sets as they were designed that way :)

As today (for me) is all about babies I thought I'd kick things off with a focus on the recently released Sweet Baby Stamp Set.




And here is a couple projects using the set...




My first card today uses the Freshly Made Sketches layout seen HERE and below. I knew I wanted to keep the majority of layers of the sketch flat so over stamped the alphabet strip over the BABY words as I had the little bear coloured and cut out ready to be adhered using foam adhesive.






I'm pleased how this one turned out and my colour choice :) My next card is a colourful birthday card...




This time I mixed in Classic Alphabet and a sentiment from A Gift For you and turned to my go to trio of colours! A bit of Copic colouring on the little duck, looks like I'm out of practice with these!!




That's all the cards I have to share with you today using this set, I hope it has given you some inspiration to revisit the set if you own it or revisit a set you have in your stash that is similar :) I'll be back tomorrow with more to share and another A Stamp Set A Day post. Until then, thank you for stopping by.


Supplies:
Card Stock: White from stash. PTI Summer Sunrise, Hawaiian Shores & Raspberry Fizz. SU! Pacific Point
Ink: PTI Summer Sunrise, Hawaiian Shores & Raspberry Fizz. SU! Pacific Point & Bashful Blue. VersaFine Onyx Black & Memento Tuxedo Black
Stamps: Uniko Studio A Gift For You, Classic Alphabet & Sweet Baby
Accessories: Foam Adhesive. PTI Fresh Snow Twill Ribbon. PTI Limitless Layers Die


9 comments:

  1. Hi Bev, these are adorable and perfect for today. :) I wish you best of luck for everything... Very exciting! I can't wait to see the pictures. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such sweet cards Bev. Love the overlapping stamping on the first. Sending lots of love to you today! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable duo - and the theme is perfect for this most exciting day for you and your husband. Hope all goes well; can't wait to meet the babies!
    Hugs~c

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ouch so cute Beverley and so hyper organised of you.
    Thinking of you and excited for your news.
    Sarah xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such cute cards! I love the little bear with his alphabet background! Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches. And best of luck for the induction and birth.

    ReplyDelete

  6. What a simply adorable card! Luv how you layered the sentiments behind the bear. Hope everything went okay for you and you're now enjoying your two bundles of joy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful cards. Very inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh this is such a sweet card! I love your creative take on Kim's sketch! Thanks for joining us at FMS this week!

    ReplyDelete

Lovely Comments Appreciated