Thursday 11 September 2014

TIME OUT Challenges - Home Sweet Home

* This is my first post of the day, please pop back at 9am for the Uniko Studio DT Revisited Blog Hop *


Hey!

Welcome back to another TIME OUT Challenges. This fortnight is Home Sweet Home with a interiors photo to spark your inspiration...



Original Source: The Swenglish Home


This is how I was inspired by the photo...




Firstly I was inspired by the wooden word tags, which reminded me of the words from the recently released Strike a Pose! stamp set. Secondly I was inspired by the colours in the photo, which determined the colour scheme of my card.




I started out by heat embossing the polaroid frame in white onto Chocolate Chip CS and fussy cut it out. I adhered it to the card mat layer flat and mounted the camera and words to the card using foam adhesive.

This fortnight we have a lovely guest designer joining us over at TIME OUT Challenges, Christine from Poppaea Cards. Be sure to stop by Sarah's BLOG to see how she was inspired by the photo and of course the FABulous TIME OUT Challenges Design Team...



For all the info and to link up your challenge be sure to stop by the TIME OUT Challenges blog. I look forward to seeing your creations :) I'll be back tomorrow with more to share, until then, thank you for stopping by today.

Supplies
Card Stock: White (Boyes) SU! Chocolate Chip & Crumb Cake
Ink: VersaFine Onyx Black. VersaMark. PTI Smokey Shadow
Stamps: Uniko Studio Strike a Pose!
Accessories: Detail White EP. Foam Adhesive

11 comments:

  1. I kept looking at this photo frame and wondering how you got it white and brown...I thought you had coloured the white sections...how stupid of me! Now I see the texture and love the idea! This is such a unique take on the photo. I am looking forward to 9am post and hoping it will be one of my sets you are re visiting!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your camera and film strip Beverley! Great take on the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh so fun! Love the film strips Bev!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card, love the colour scheme.
    Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a clever interpretation of the inspiration photo, love the film strips. Great card! Cx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such fun, Bev ... that polka dot frame is brilliant ... such a perfect backdrop for the camera and those fabulous film strip sentiments! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. The camera is such a fun twist on the inspiration photo - love the film strip sentiments :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. So great how you used the words and I love the camera stamps! Great card! Hugs, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks so clean and simple - the epitome of CAS!! Wonderful card ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so fun, Bev! That's a great stamp set and I love these earthy colors. I hope things are going well with the little ones!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Innovative and fabulous! Love your take on the inspiration photo!!
    Hugs~c

    ReplyDelete

Lovely Comments Appreciated