Monday 28 January 2019

DT Inspiration - One stencil, three cards

Good morning, Julie here to share some cards made using one of Uniko's stencils and some sentiments. 
I wanted to try a few techniques that I came across whilst surfing the internet over the Christmas break.
Here's the first using the Stylised Floral stencil.


I started by taking an A6 panel of white card and blending some Distress Oxide ink in Fossilised Amber, Abandoned Coral and Picked Raspberry onto it. Once my panel was dry, I placed the stencil over it, securing with some painters tape, arranging it so that the pattern was evenly distributed over the inked panel. Then using an ink blending tool, I inked through the stencil with Seedless Preserves Distress Oxide, and put it to one side to dry, Distress Oxides seem to take a little longer to dry than the regular Distress Inks.

Now to the sentiment, which is my favourite combination of die cut and sentiment strip. I took the Hugs and Kisses stamp from the Pure Florals - Peony set and stamped and embossed it on black card with Versamark and white EP. To get the middle &, I masked off the hugs and the kisses and stamped it after the first part, embossing with white EP. The birthday wishes is also from the Pure Florals - Peony set and was stamped just the same as the other elements. When finished, I trimmed the card to make the thin strip.


My die cut Sending was cut from gold glitter paper and the same black card, the glitter one attached just slightly to one side to give a shadow effect. I wanted to add some sequins or gems but mine didn't match the gold of the die cut, so I made some from the glitter paper by punching some circles then adding some Glossy Accents to them and leaving to dry. A simple way to make your own glitter gems!

The second card uses the same stencil but this time I used a mask to create a focal point.


Using a hexagon die to cut a mask, I added a soft rainbow of colour with a selection of Distress Inks.
Placing the stencil over the mask, I then inked again but a little more firmly to get the rainbow effect.
Removing mask and stencil, I stamped the sentiment from the Pure Florals - Peony with Versamark and heat embossed with white EP. I restamped again a couple of more times as I was using my Misti, to create a deeply embossed effect. The sentiment strip was stamped in black on white and popped up on pads. A few sequins complete.

My final card is a slightly more involved design but uses essentially the same technique of masking, deep embossed sentiment and sentiment strips.


The happy is from the Festive Sentiments set, as is the wishing you and the birthday is from the Birthday Sentiments set.

OK, that's all from me, hope you've been inspired to make more of your stencils!

4 comments:

  1. Stencil queen Julie! Always feel inspired to get out my stencils when I've seen your versatile and clever use of them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Three gorgeous stenciled cards Jules. Just goes to show how versatile stencils can be to create such different looks. Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all three of these designs Julie. Even though you've used the same stencil each card looks so different xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Lovely Comments Appreciated