Thursday 15 August 2019

DT Inspiration - embossing paste

Hello!
Lindsey here with a little DT inspiration using the recently released Fleur de Lis stencil and embossing paste.
I have to confess to being a little shy when it comes to stencils.  When card-making I invariably turn to my stamps and get inky.  But!  I had a rare day off work the other week and was determined to get out of my comfort zone, so I reached for my stencils and (rather under-utilised) embossing paste.


For my first card, I sprinkled the paste with some iridescent glitter whilst it was still damp.
I love a bit of bling!
I then paired this with the lovely bold bloom from the aptly-named "Beautiful Blooms I" set.


Then a complete change for my second card with some bold masculine colours.


I waited for the embossing paste to dry, then sprinkled over some green and yellow Brushos.
The subtle sprinkled effect was quite nice but not bold enough for my taste so I spritzed the card with some water to get the colours to run and blend into each other.
Fabulously fun and vibrant!


Why not have a go at a technique you don't usually use?
You may be pleasantly surprised.
Hope you have fun!

2 comments:

  1. I am loving both of these! The sparkle and prettiness of the first and the cool bold colour of the second. xxx

    ReplyDelete

Lovely Comments Appreciated