Tuesday 20 August 2019

DT Inspiration - a rainbow of colour

Happy Tuesday to you ......

I hope your week has got off to a good start.
It's Linda here, with a little inspiration for you using a rainbow of colour and the Uniko Party Confetti stencil


I'm loving rainbow colours at the moment, they make such happy looking cards. And they work so well with stencil designs.
Perfect for birthday cards .... great for kids, both young and old.   But, what about party invites, Christmas (dare I say it!) and even New Year celebrations too.
But hey! ...... let's not get too far ahead shall we.  I've got a holiday to go on before I start my festive preparations ...... lets just stick with birthdays for now shall we!

The Party Confetti stencil looks so pretty in rainbow colours.  I simply laid it over a piece of white cardstock and then used Distress Oxide inks - Picked Rapsberry, Mustard Seed, Spiced Marmalade, Twisted Citron and Salty Ocean.


Have you spotted my little happy accident?
Who forgot to cover the bottom of her card?  Ooops!

I got a little carried away brushing my rainbow stripes.  The top was OK there was stencil tape there but, I did manage to get ink over the bottom of the stencil.
No time to start again so, I decided to make it look part of the design, by adding more of the colours over the bottom edge ..... what do think? I really like it!


I  used the Uniko BIG & BOLD Happy Designer Die to add my sentiment ....


Cut from black and white cardstock.  The white I coloured using the same Distress Oxides as I used through the stencil, and then I added a touch of sparkle with a Shimmer Embossing Powder from WOW! over the top


I then layered this onto the black one, slightly offsetting it to give a shadow effect.

I finished off the sentiment using one of the stamps from Uniko's Birthday Sentiments clear stamp set, simply stamped onto a snippet of white card, and cut into a little banner.  And I also added a few dots of glitter glue here and there for a little more sparkle


When I'd finished I noticed there was quite a lot of ink left on the stencil.  Now I don't like to waste my inks so, I spritzed over with some water, grabbed a piece of white card and laid it on the top. I applied a little pressure over the whole of the stencil and then ...... this was the result


A pretty monoprint that I can use on another card ...... I do like a twofer!

Thanks for popping by ..... enjoy the rest of your day.
I'm off to finish tidying my craft room.  Over the weekend I decided I wanted to change things around a little in there ..... not one of my better ideas!  It turned into a bigger job than I thought!!

Cheerio until next time .......

2 comments:

  1. This looks gorgeous
    and love the inks at
    the bottom, happy
    mistake!
    Carla from Utah

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty! Love the colours leaking out at the bottom.

    ReplyDelete

Lovely Comments Appreciated