Tuesday 8 March 2022

Brand Ambassador Inspiration - Balloon Bash Stencil

Welcome everyone! 

Steph here today. After all the fantastic birthday celebrations for Uniko’s 10th birthday in February, I didn’t feel like stopping the celebrations just yet! 

As I had the Uniko Balloon Bash stencil out, I decided to use this for my Brand Ambassador inspiration post. It is such a delightful stencil to use and you can create quick but stylish cards with it easily. I also focused on slimline cards for this showcase.


For my first card I have simply used one balloon shape and blended red, orange and yellow balloons in clusters up the card. I used watercolour card as I find  it easier to blend on, and distress oxides which I prefer to the original distress inks. I have added a sentiment from Uniko Birthday Sentiments set and finished off with enamel dots. 


Changing up my colours, I blended different shaped balloons across the top of my card, overhanging the edge. This time I added strings to the balloons using a ruler and metallic gel pen. The sentiment is again from Uniko Birthday Sentiments set which I have stamped in dark grey before heat embossing with clear powder.


For my final card today, I’ve used the balloon stencil to create a hot air balloon. I did this by simply blending the balloon as usual but before I removed the stencil I outlined it with metallic gel pen. I drew further curved lines inside the balloon and joined them to a hand drawn ‘basket’. I masked off my balloon and used Uniko Rainbows and Clouds stencil to create my background. The sentiment, again from Uniko Birthday Sentiments set, is heat embossed in silver to finish. 

I hope this has reinvigorated the birthday spirit for you and that you can see just how simple and effective the Uniko Balloon Bash stencil is. I love it!

Much love

Steph x

5 comments:

  1. A fantastic collection of balloon cards. Very bright and cheerful. Also very creative making one into a hot air balloon. Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm never ready for a party to end so I love seeing these gorgeous celebratory balloon cards! The hot air balloon is so fun! Happy Birthday to Uniko and many more birthdays to come!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved the cards Steph, such different looks from one stencil, great inspiration. I like jow they're all Slimline too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love these, Steph. The blending creates a great effect on watercolour card, the balloons look so realistic, I must try that. And bravo for your hot air balloon, fab idea! x

    ReplyDelete

Lovely Comments Appreciated