Friday 6 May 2022

Inspired by an Instagram Poll!

 Hello & Happy Friday!


The other night I created a series of polls on the Uniko Ltd Instagram stories, as I needed some help sparking some creativity. I've been busy designing new things and finalising the next release coming at the end of May. So my actual creative time has been on a bit of a go slow :(


So I created a series of polls to help inspire me...



First I asked what I should use. Stamps Only, Stencils Only, Clear Stamps & Matching Dies or Combination of All! 




Next I asked who I should create for, Men, Women or Gender Neutral. And then I gave some theme options. Florals, Geometric, Sentiment Only, Combination of All.




Then there were some colour options. Monochrime, Rainbow, Neutrals, Pastels. 




And lastly I gave some card style/size options. Standard C6, Square or Slimline.




If you don't use Instagram, stories stay up for 24 hours and then disappear. Luckily, I can view the results in my insights and could see what had been decided.

A combination of Clear Stamps, Stencils & Dies to create a gender neutral geometric card with a monochromatic colour scheme and a 3 way tie between card size/style!

At first I was a bit, oh no what have I done - haha! But then I got my thinking cap on and had a look through my Uniko goodies and this is what I came up with.




As there was no clear winner for the size and style of card I used the same products, almost the same way to create the same card on each size. 

I started with a standard C6 card.




For my stencil choice I went with the Mid Century Modern Shapes. I used a selection of grey inks from Altenew to ink through various shapes on the stencil, over lapping some to create a cascade effect down the left hand side.




I then selected the Background Block Arts Decoratifs and stamped this in black ink. The hardest part was using a geometric die. I thought about using the Explosion! Designer Dies, but I didn't want to cover up too much of the design.




In the end I decided to use two square dies to create my own frame. This worked well, but the card needed something to finish it off. I decided to use a trio of sentiments from the Simply Said Blocks and Simply Said Blocks II clear stamp sets. A few final Nuvo Drops and I was finished!

I then followed the same process to recreate the design onto a slimline card.



The layout changed slightly to accommodate the elements and for it to flow nicely down the card.




Lastly I created a square card.




It was quite fun to be faced with a challenge. I hadn't really thought of the possible combinations that could occur, but then that was part of the fun! 




So now the question is, which is your favourite of the 3 cards using this combination of products? And did I achieve the brief?

I'd love to know your thoughts. 

Crafty Hugs 





4 comments:

  1. You rocked the brief Bev. These cards are superb xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the C6 card, as that is the size I normally use, but really like how you changed it around for the other sizes

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love them all Bev, but my favourite is the slimline one. You got a great challenge and then turned around and really rocked it - love the modern, monochrome look you achieved
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great cards Bev! I think I prefer the A6 one though you've adapted them all very well! It's a great way to approach card-making as it gives you some boundaries which makes choices easier but it can push you out of your comfort zone a little too!

    ReplyDelete

Lovely Comments Appreciated