Tuesday 21 June 2022

Brand Ambassador Inspiration - Pure Florals: Lily

Good morning all, 

Steph here today with my Brand Ambassador inspiration for this month. I decided to focus on the beautiful Pure Florals: Lily because I haven't worked much with the Pure Florals range yet. 

My preferred method of colouring is alcohol markers so that's where I started. Initially I was going to use a white card base but I felt the Kraft base really lifted the florals. I added a simple embossed border before heat embossing the sentiment and adhering the florals with foam pads.


I wanted to push myself and try out colouring with coloured pencils too, and see how different the result was.

As you can see the result is much more subtle. Now, I don't have the best set of colouring pencils. I've always resisted investing in the very expensive ones as I just don't think I'll get the use out of them like I do with my alcohol markers. 

Which version do you prefer and what is your preferred method of colouring? I'd love to be better with water colours too...maybe I'll try that soon and share with you too.

Much love
Steph x

3 comments:

  1. Two beautiful cards here- can’t choose between them. X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two beautiful cards - I prefer working with pencils, but it does take a while to build up colour, but the shading can be more subtle
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the pink lilies against the kraft Steph. :)

    ReplyDelete

Lovely Comments Appreciated