Tuesday 25 October 2022

Two for Tuesday, BA Inspiration

 Good afternoon, Julie here with two cards on Tuesday!

I was inspired by the sketch over at The Paper Players to create two cards using the same sketch, colours but different themes.

Here are the two I came up with.


Here's a closer look at the first card.


I love a sketch, they are a great way to get inspired when your mojo is not quite working as it should!
For this I started by stamping the small outline rose and two of the leaflets in Versamark and embossing with gold EP. Using some Candied Apple, Mowed Lawn, and Pealed Paint DI smooshed onto my craft mat, I water coloured before fussy cutting out. A little shadow was added using one of my Zig watercolour markers.

The central strip was stamped using a selection of Simply Said sentiments in Altenew Evening Gray on a strip of paper, before adding to an A6 base card. A piece of textured white card from my stash was mounted onto some gold card and the Floral Vines sentiment was added and embossed with the same gold EP. The rose spray was then added to the top panel and attached over the central strip.

My second card uses the poinsettia from Season of Beauty, Christmas Sentiments and the Winter Foliage stencil.


The central panel was a leftover from an other project yet to see the light of day and perfect for this card. After stencilling over kraft with Unicorn white ink, I cleaned the stencil and then when the white ink was dry, I inked again with DI, love the white shadow you get with this technique.

The poinsettia was stamped with Versamark then embossed with gold EP, bracts and flower center were then added. Using the same water colour technique and colours as the first, I then fussy cut it out when dry. 
This time I used a plain white panel for my sentiment, adding the fussy cut image in the left hand corner before adding the whole over the central band.

Two cards using the same sketch, colours but different looks. I think it's a layout that will come in handy again as I think it's very versatile. 

So that's it from me for the moment, hope I've inspired you to create something for yourself along the same lines.
Until next time, keep safe and keep crafting!

3 comments:

  1. These are beautiful! You've inspired me with the 2nd card as I have those products!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very clever take on the challenge Julie. Fabulous cards. X

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great use of the sketch , and colours, to make two delightfully different cards Julie
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete

Lovely Comments Appreciated