Sunday 5 January 2020

Stencil Sunday - Introducing Mid Century Modern Squares!

Hey & Happy Sunday!

Today I am introducing a new 'ish' stencil, Mid Century Modern Squares. I say new 'ish' because this stencil was designed way back last year and you might have been lucky to snag one at Happy Stampers Festival in October! 

I've been meaning to formally introduce it since October, but other things have taken forefront in my head and then I simply forgot! That was until I received an email last week about the Uniko feature in Craft Stamper magazine, which yesterday I shared sneak peeks of over HERE.




It was this sneak peek that reminded me that I hadn't introduced the stencil and that it wasn't available on the website. 

So today I introduce Stencil - Mid Century Modern Squares and it is now available to purchase HERE on the website.




This stencil is designed to fit in with the Mid Century Modern collection of stamps, Background Blocks Mid Century Modern, Background Blocks Mid Century Modern II and Mid Century Modern Florals. Though it is perfect to use with other designs and with the geometric style, it is perfect for those masculine makes too! It wouldn't be an introduction without a couple of cards to share with you. 




First up I was inspired to use the Pantone colour of 2020, True Blue and paired it with Living Coral from 2019. I was aiming to create more of a CAS design, so that I could join in on the current challenge over at "Less is More" HERE. As they are using these colours, but I feel it isn't CAS enough.





I've used Nuvo Black Diamond Glimmer Paste through the stencil onto some navy card. I then stamped the flower using stamps from Mid Century Modern Florals and a sentiment from Simply Said Blocks II.

One of my goals this year is to make colour more of a focus and use more coloured card for base cards. So as I already had the colours and supplies out I went on to make this second card...




This time I used Altenew Coral Berry to ink through the stencil onto some white card. I've then trimmed it on an angle and die cut the The Stamp Market 'Hello' die, keeping both the positives and negative of the die to fill in the gaps of the word once the panel was adhered to my card base. 




I've then added some simple enamel dot embellishments that I had in my stash which matched the colours I had used as close as possible.

That is all I have to share today using this stencil, but I am sure it'll be getting more use in the near future and there are also MORE new products coming on Saturday 18th January. 

One last little bit of goodness for you, how about FREE Worldwide Shipping on orders of £20 or more. No code required, qualifying orders will see the FREE Shipping Option during checkout. This offer will expire 10am GMT Wednesday 8th January 2020.

Thanks for stopping by today!
Crafty Hugs


1 comment:

  1. Fabulous stencil that you've elevated to gorgeous with your showcases! A wonderful addition to the mid-century line-up!
    hugs~c

    ReplyDelete

Lovely Comments Appreciated