Thursday 15 October 2020

Brand Ambassador Inspiration using Spring Botanicals - Tulip

Morning all, Julie here with a little bit of Brand Ambassador inspiration. Today I'm using a restricted palette to create floral card with an artsy feel using Spring Botanicals -Tulip.


There's a new challenge over at Color Hues where the palette is restricted to just shades of two colours. This time it is Blue and Orange. It sounds quite restrictive until you start to think outside the box.
Oranges come in all kinds of shades, from yellowy ones through to almost red, blues range from greeny to almost purple, so you see there is a lot to play with really. You get even more if you add water into the mix, so to speak! Add a lot of water say to Dried Marigold DI you get an orange that is almost yellow. Use Ripe Persimmon neat and its virtually red.

To start I stamped the tulips twice with Altenew Obsidian to give me three blooms and used some clear EP and heat embossed to give me some barriers to the colour used. Using lots of water, I painted around the tulips and then went in again with Chipped Sapphire and Blueprint sketch until I had a really dark background and added more water to the righthand side, allowing the water to bleed into the solid colour. When left to it's own devises the water splits the ink and you get some interesting effects.

When dry, I started to work on the flowers, stems and leaves, using Dried Marigold and Ripe Persimmon. When that was dry, I added some watery Blueprint Sketch over the pale Dried Marigold to create a subtle green for the foliage.

I wanted to add even more interest so using the Lattice stencil, I went in and tried to bleach out the colour with a damp paint brush but it was too subtle, so I used some white pigment ink through it instead! To finish, I trimmed my panel down, added the sentiment from Pure Florals -Peony, fussy cutting the 'Sending' and popping it up on pads over an A6 base card.

So that's all from me for the moment, but keep safe, sane and crafting!



1 comment:

  1. Lovely background and great technique. This card reminds me of Moorcroft pottery, which I love!
    X

    ReplyDelete

Lovely Comments Appreciated