Saturday 17 April 2021

Brand Ambassador Inspiration - Birthday cards

 Bonjour !

Izzy here with inspiration cards combining products of the last release as well as older products. 

April is for me the busiest month in my agenda in terms of birthdays. I have at least one birthday to celebrate each week, so I really need to make cards !

As I still had all the products of the last release on my desk, I played with them again.


For my first card I used the Framed- Floral Vines set that I really love, it is so versatile. On a white card stock I stamped the frame and I heat embossed it with gold embossing powder. Then I coloured it with markers. 

When I wanted to mount this panel on the double white card, I found that something was missing so I played with the little circles from the Floral Vines set and I stamped and gold heat embossed them on the double white card and I coloured them with colour pencils. 

I foam mounted the framed panel on the double card. I stamped and gold heat embossed a little frame on a piece of Vellum. I fussy cut it and I glued it on the panel. To finish I stamped and I heat embossed the sentiment from Simply Said Blocks and I adhered it on top of the Vellum.


I went for a masculine look for my second card. If you know me, you know how much I love blue. So when I received the last release, I couldn't resist and I stamped the Background Blocks Solid Wonky Stripes in shades of blue. And of course I immediately saw some waves and I knew that I wanted to combine it with the Nautical Treasures sail boat. 

To make a visual game with lines, I also stamped some thin stripes on the sails with the Background Blocks Pinstripe

To finish my card, I stamped and white heat embossed the sentiment (from Simply Said). I foam mounted the wonky stripes background on a double card and I also foam mounted the sail boat previously fussy cut.


For my last card, I opted for old goodies : the Spring botanicals Tulip stamp set and the Broken Lines stencil.
Some time ago I received a gift card for a Art Supplies shop and I finally bought the Minc foil applicator machine. Only recently I bought some gel to use it with stencil. I decided to try it as a background for these beautiful tulips, and I really love the result.

I used the no-line colouring technique for the tulips and I played with my colour pencils to give them some dimension. The broken lines background is foam mounted on the double red card and I adhered the tulip with little adhesive foam squares.

Now here is a sneak peek of the birthday card I made for the Less is More challenge that starts today...


I hope that my cards will inspire you to make your birthday cards stash growing and/or to come and play along at Less is More.

Thanks so much for visiting today. Have a fabulous weekend, stay safe and get crafty !













4 comments:

  1. Wow three amazing cards Izzy. Love the first beautiful card, great masculine card and love the gold on the last one. All are so creative and thank you for the fabulous inspiration x.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous trio of birthday inspirations using the products from the latest release.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are 3 really super cards Izzy. On the first one I love the gold embossing with the pink ad your cleverly achieved background.Fabulous design for card 2, really striking in your colour choice and the wonky background makes fabulous waves! and your 3rd card again those tulips really stand out against your foiled background. Love them all,such wonderful inspiration !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loving all of these cards Izzy but especially the fresh twist you've given the sail boat by giving it a wonky lines background. Genius! Vicky x

    ReplyDelete

Lovely Comments Appreciated