Tuesday 6 April 2021

Two For Tuesday - Simply Said Blocks

 Happy Tuesday! 

It's still the Easter holidays here, with The Beans not going back to school until Monday 12th April, so a few more days to fill with playing and eating chocolate! 

Anyway, I managed to fit in some creative time yesterday while everyone was busy and made a couple of cards using Simply Said Blocks.




Yes, this set is mainly sentiments, but I did include a couple of stamps without a sentiment on and I wanted to show two cards, two colour ways with a slight difference in stamping! 



I started out with this zesty orange colour combo simply using the Altenew Warm & Cozy ink collection, super easy! For this card I used the whole length of the block in the stamp set to stamp the 4 colours in the collection. I've then used the bow and string from Balloon Bash to stamp the gift detailing. The sentiment is one of my favourites from Floral Vines.





I was pleased how this turned out, but it lead on to this second card. This time I wanted the gift to be a little thinner and taller. So I masked off the edges of my card to the width I wanted the gift to be. 




I chose a lovely pink-red ombre colour combo,  Altenew Tea Party ink collection for this card, because I also wanted to decorate the stripes with the heart pattern contained in the stamp set. Again I used the Balloon Bash elements like on the first card and the same sentiment. However, I could have used a number of sentiments from this stamp set really as it includes a good variety. 




That's all from me today, I hope you are having a wonderful week so far. If you're using Uniko and on social media, be sure to tag me or #unikostamps so I can find your creations and share them :)


Crafty Hugs
 

9 comments:

  1. Very creative Bev. Two superb cards using lovely colours and great use of the strip stamp.

    Hugs, Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. How clever and creative you are using this cute stamp set! That is what I call thinking outside the box. Love the colors too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute cards! Good job thinking outside the box! Love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the way you created the "gifts" with the Simply Said Blocks stamp set. Very clever! Love the colors too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah it’s the simply said blocks strip! I thought it was another stamp. I have this one for sure so I’ll be able to recreate these!! Such a good way to use those none sentiment stamps. X

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the lovely ideas. My bundle of Uniko joy arrived today so I’m eager to have a play with the stamps and stencils. Are you able to give an ETA for the Wonky Stripes stencil? Cheers, Sue. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. What fun cards! I love the color combos! Very creative way to use this set.... so many possibilities!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fun way to use the stamp set x.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Really clever idea Bev! xx

    ReplyDelete

Lovely Comments Appreciated