Saturday 23 March 2024

Brand Ambassador Inspiration - Watercolour Spring Botanicals

 Good morning all, Julie here with a little bit more Spring Botanicals inspiration. Earlier in the month I used Snowdrops and Crocus for my design here, but today I want to share the fab Tulip set from the series. I received a lovely bouquet of them for Mother's Day from my son and have only just consigned them to the compost heap, so I was inspired to get the set out for a play. 

I love to use simple frames in my cards and for my first card I've used an oval frame for these pretty spring tulips. 


On a panel of MM paper, I stamped and masked this bunch of tulips in a pale ink for a no line look.
Each petal was then painted by adding colour then water to so that I didn't have any harsh edges. The watercolour bleeds into the water and does a lot of the work for you! I did do alternate petals and left them to dry before attempting another as I didn't want the colour to move from one petal to another. Once dry, I tackled the stems and leaves in the same way.

Once complete, I die cut a frame from textured card to match my 5 x 7 base using a couple of stacked ovals fromWaffle Flower. I stamped and heat embossed my sentiment in gold EP before fussy cutting it from the same card. The frame was attached to the panel of tulips cut with yet another of the nesting ovals with foam pads and then flat onto the base card with glue. My sentiment was placed to one side, overhanging the frame.

My second card was trickier to stamp as I went for embossing but this method is much easier to water colour.


I stamped the flowers onto more MM paper with DI Black Soot then heat embossed with clear EP. I prefer this to stamping with Versamark and black EP as I always manage to get black EP all over the place!!

Again I used the same watercolour technique as before but the water should stay within the cells created by the embossing so is a little quicker to paint. This time I filled in the background with a thin wash of blue before trimming and adding my die cut frame, MFT. Again I used foam tape to add the frame and added the panel flat onto my square card base. A simple sentiment stamped in black was slipped under the edge of the frame before it dried completely.

So that's it for today from me. I hope you've been inspired to have a go for yourselves and embrace the joy of Spring Botanicals!

Happy crafting

6 comments:

  1. A real beauty !!
    groeten Ineke

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two fabulous cards with the lovely tulips and thanks for sharing your tips about water colouring and heat embossing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous cards Julie. You are so good with these spring florals. X

    ReplyDelete
  4. A beautiful pair of cards Bev - love your watercolouring - it's perfect to my eyes :) I must try that technique of paint and then water
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both are stunning 😍 letting the watercolour dry on the petals before starting on another petal is a good tip. Thank you for the inspiration. X X

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the beautiful tulips! Wonderful cards! Love the colors and the frames to show off these pretty flowers!

    ReplyDelete

Lovely Comments Appreciated