Wednesday 18 September 2024

Brand Ambassador Inspiration - Wednesday Workout with some Autumn Themed Stencilling

 Morning all, Julie here with a little bit of BA Inspiration using stencils.

I'm helping out a friend on one of her challenge blogs up until Christmas and their latest challenge is Autumn so I thought I would have a go using some stencils that I haven't used or one not in a while! Here is my card using the Nature's Treasure stencil and the French Script stamp.


On a panel of white card, I stamped the script with Versamark before heat embossing with gold EP, then inked through the stencil, roughly covering the text and trying not to overlap the sprigs.
Rather than use a single colour for each leaflet, I blended a couple to get a graduated effect. The colours used were Mustard Seed, Carved Pumpkin and Vintage Photo Distress Inks. Once the text was covered, I dried the ink and then as the background looked a little too stark, I blended Antique Linen over the panel before trimming and adding to my cream base card. A strip of gold mirror card and a heat embossed Happy Birthday complete.

My second card uses the Mid Century Modern Shapes stencil and the Nature's Treasure II stamp set.


I was just playing around with the same inks from the card above as they were still on my desk, looking to make an interesting pattern by moving the stencil around so that each shape overlapped the next. The foliage was stamped in Altenew's Obsidian ink and is a great contrast to the softer blended DIs. I found the frame in my bits box and I think it just sets off the panel perfectly. What do you think? No sentiment this time, think it would spoil the look.

So two totally different designs but linked by the colours and the use of stencils. I hope I've encouraged you to have a play and see what comes about. 

Happy crafting. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lovely Comments Appreciated