Monday 28 October 2019

More Ideas using Sentiments as a Background - Brand Ambassador Inspiration

Good afternoon folks.
It's Julie here with a few more ideas using sentiments as a background.

On Saturday I shared a card using a panel created with lots of sentiment stamps. As it takes awhile to lay all the sentiments out, it made sense to stamp a load on different coloured card for use later. I even had another go at creating a slightly different one whilst I listened to the footy on a wet Saturday afternoon!

My first card uses one of my first layouts. As you can see there are lots of different fonts and sentiments which I laid out on my MISTI before stamping with Versafine and embossing with clear EP. This example was done on white card and inked over with Salty Ocean DOx in a resist technique.


I used the idea of a bauble, cutting out a circle from the inked panel and the slipped the large Sparkling Snowflake, die cut from holographic card, behind. A little bit of thin silver ribbon and a bow completes. The finished panel was popped up on foam over a white base card.

My second card uses a different layout, this time it has a more horizontal design to accommodate a landscape design.


I used the trapped colour technique to create this background, stamping and embossing as before but this time on a panel of watercolour paper previously inked with Salty Ocean DI that was left to dry well before stamping. After heat embossing, I spritzed the blue panel and then wiped off the ink leaving behind the colour trapped behind the embossing. The top panel was cut with a scalloped edge die and some snowflakes from Stunning Snowflakes were stamped in Salty Ocean and Blueprint Sketch DI. Finally, I popped up the white panel on pads over the inked one on a white base card.

Finally I went all silvery for a change!


This panel was stamped and embossed with clear EP before cutting out the central NOEL with an alphabet die set. After cutting, I added Weathered Wood to the base but left the letters clear. I glued my panel onto a base card then added some grey foam letters and then the white ones on top. To complete I added a small die cut snowflake from the new Big n Bold Snow dies and a few diamante gems.
Three different looks, all from the same starting point. Hope I've given you a few more ideas for your Christmas card making, I've still got a load more to make but I still have plenty of backgrounds to use!


5 comments:

  1. WOW ! 3 gorgeous cards, Julie, and what a beautiful idea to use all these sentiments to make wonderful pattern papers. LOVE it !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that sparkly snowflake - it really pops!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE that snowflake die!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Lovely Comments Appreciated