Sunday 1 November 2020

Pure Florals Peony - Brand Ambassador Inspiration

Good afternoon folks, Julie here with a little bit of Brand Ambassador inspiration using Pure Florals - Peony.

Over at Color Hues I have a card using the new challenge colours and thought I would also share it here as it uses the gorgeous Peony stamp.


The aim of the challenge is to focus your attention on just two colours and shades thereof, this time it is Kraft and Yellow.

To start, I stamped the largest of the blooms on kraft card using Versamark and then heat embossed with white EP. On another panel of Mixed Media card, I stamped again, embossing with white EP. 
Instead of colouring the whole image I just concentrated on the fab bloom, using a mixture of DI in Mustard Seed and Squeezed Lemonade to watercolour the petals. Shadow was added with a 'kraft' coloured Zig watercolour pen. 

When dry, I fussy cut the bloom and added it flat over the kraft panel. Only when I had glued it firmly in place did I realise that I had trimmed off part of one petal but could I find the tiny section to glue it back, of course not, but I'm happy with the look as if you didn't know it was missing I don't think you could tell!

Beneath the peony, I stamped and embossed the greeting from Birthday Sentiments and die cut my panel with an MFT stitched scalloped rectangle die. The finished panel was then added to an A6 white base card with foam pads.

So that's it, hope it has inspired you to look out your flower stamps and to have a go, think about restricting colours in your designs. 

Keep safe and sane out there until next time.

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous!!...love your colouring ad so effective on the Kraft card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhh ...this is stunning Julie. Thank you for the inspiration x.

    ReplyDelete

Lovely Comments Appreciated