Sunday 23 May 2021

Mini Uniko Logo Stencil - Guest Designer Tara Cardwell

 Happy Saturday! 


Did you see that the Mini Uniko Logo Stencil that was the FREE gift for our 9th Birthday celebrations is NOW available to purchase on the website HERE.




Today I have a Guest Designer joining us with some inspiration using this mini stencil. Please give a warm welcome to Tara Cardwell one of the lovely owners of my favourite craft stores, Seven Hills Crafts! 


Hello Everyone, Tara here. I've been playing with the new floral stencil today but when I saw it, I saw not a flower, but a butterfly - and here's how I did it.





I die cut a circle from cream card and taped the stencil in place and used a detail blending tool to ink in shades of brown, red, orange and yellow to give a sort of "red admiral" feel.


Once I was happy with my first stencil shading, I took it off, cleaned it, flipped it over to get a mirror image and inked again with the same colours.   That left me with the following "wings" and a couple of brown bits in the middle.   I used the brown bits to help me pencil draw a thorax to connect the wings.  I then just used a couple of markers to shade the thorax.   I drew the antenae with a brown fine liner but a brown pencil would work too.





To give more butterfly like detail I added a few dots of stickles in red and crystal.  


I mounted the circle onto a square kraft base card and used more crystal stickles to add a flight trail and then stamped a sentiment either side of the trail using stamps from Big & Bold Happy to finish the card.


Hope that gives you some ideas how to stretch yours stash beyond the original design!


I hope you have enjoyed todays feature and a big THANK YOU to Tara for inspiring us all. 


Crafty Hugs
 

3 comments:

  1. So clever to use the Uniko Logo stencil as a butterfly. Well done Tara. X

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an excellent idea! Lovely card and innovative use of the floral stencil.

    Hugs, Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful design & colouring. I’m on it🥰

    ReplyDelete

Lovely Comments Appreciated