Sunday 9 May 2021

Stencil Sunday - Party Confetti

 Happy Sunday!


Before I get to my cards & post today I'd like to wish a Happy Mother's Day to those celebrating today. I wish you all a wonderful day.


It has been a while since I have done a Stencil Sunday post and I think it is partly because I overthink things and especially when it comes to using stencils. As you know from following me at Uniko all this time I am naturally a clean & simple card maker. I find 'mixed media' a challenge. 


Having said this, I have listened and taken note of the polls I do over on Instagram and I will be sharing some of 'my style' mixed media on the blogs.




Anyway, back to my cards I created for today. So instead of over thinking things I selected my Uniko products, Stencil - Party Confetti, Balloon Bash and Simply Said Blocks. I then selected my colours, pinks & aqua and I had also selected a couple of card making challenges to play along with. 



For this first card I used the sketch over at Freshly Made Sketches seen HERE and below. Often when I see the elements on a sketch I am drawn to use similar products. However, stopped myself and kept to my birthday card theme.



I used Post-it masking tape to tape off a small square. I then used 3 shade of aqua ink to stencil through the Party Confetti design. I added an ombre pink stamped & fussy cut balloon from Balloon Bash and finished off with the Happy Birthday from Simply Said Blocks.




With my card being so CAS I went on to make a second card. This time I used the challenge over a AAA Cards seen HERE and below. As you can see I chose not to use the optional twist! 



For this card I kept all the colours the same and simply inked through the Party Confetti stencil so it filled the top 3rd of my card. I added another ombre pink balloon and the same sentiment. 




No overthinking and much more creativity! 



That's all I have to share with you today. I will be back later this week with a Two For Tuesday, plus a restock announcement AND a Birthday Special offer, so keep an eye on the blogs & social media ;) 

Have a wonderful day.

Crafty Hugs
 


5 comments:

  1. Beautiful CAS cards. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. 2 beautiful BD cards, Beverley!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful CAS cad showcasing those Uniko stamps. Thanks for playing at AAA Cards, hope to see you join in with future challenges too. Stay safe and keep crafting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun, cheery and fresh duo of cards. Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such beautiful CAS cards! I love the pink and aqua combination and look at that Ombre balloon. Thank you for joining in at AAA Cards, Bev. Hugs ~ Ishani

    ReplyDelete

Lovely Comments Appreciated